SAIC is seeking a Cybersecurity Lead to support the US Air Force Agency for Modeling and Simulation (AFAMS) program out of Kaiserslautern, Germany.
AFAMS is the premier agency responsible for implementation, integration, and development of Modeling and Simulation (M&S) and training and analysis standards that support the US Air Force (USAF), Department of Defense (DoD), and mission partners requiring these capabilities to support the Warfighter in full-spectrum operations. As the lead agent for M&S within the USAF, AFAMS gathers requirements, seeks out potential solutions, and integrates legacy and emerging M&S solutions across the USAF and the DoD. The USAF has an M&S initiative that focuses on providing simulation and synthetic training as the critical capability to augment live training, act as an enabler for critical decision-making, and enhance human performance. In the current resource constrained environment, demand for M&S rises with the continuously evolving need for operational readiness and mission preparedness across the USAF, DoD, and with coalition partners. AFAMS focuses on providing innovative M&S services as the key to meeting this demand.
The Cyber Security Lead will:
- Support the sustainment of the accredited cybersecurity posture of the WPC’s domain enclaves by actively tracking and maintaining each network’s cyber-vulnerability level and system compliance to applicable DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and Security Requirements Guides (SRGs).
- Provide technical inputs for Cyber Vulnerability Management (CVM) and Risk Management Framework (RMF) Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms) regarding remediation timelines or vulnerability mitigation to sufficient detail.
- Oversee the operation and maintenance for Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) systems and scan/report production processes.
- Provide network monthly (or after a major network reconfiguration) scan reports of each network for submission to the appropriate CVM repository and troubleshoot/resolve problems with systems that do not provide a complete or fully credentialed scan result.
- Accomplish vulnerability remediation (e.g., patches & updates) as well as STIG/SRG configuration compliance actions on domain core services systems and workstations in coordination with and support of WPC Comm.
- Maintain lists of active hosts on the networks and corresponding basic inventory listings of software used to determine STIGs and/or SRGs that to be applied.
- Assess proposed configuration updates/changes and apply a “patch-and-test” approach to determine if it will have a detrimental effect on the WPC processes and mission to determine the impact in the operational environment.
- Accomplish STIG/SRG checklist updates and reporting quarterly (tracking both automated compliance scans and manual STIG checklists as applicable.)
- Track/report compliance of configuration changes based on CYBERCOM-driven tasking orders or other DoD short-notice threat response notifications.
- Provide guidance and expertise on DoD and AF policies, instructions related to the A&A processes, AF Security, Interoperability, Supportability, Sustainability and Interoperability (SISSU) activities, DoD Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) web-based tool used to implement the DoD Information Assurance A&A Process, the AF Certification and Accreditation Process (AFCAP), and DoD’s Risk Management Framework (RMF) and report any security findings to the appropriate Cybersecurity POCs.
- Provide security engineering to implement security controls and ensure these controls do not degrade performance and availability requirements needed to execute and sustain M&S/LSB exercises/events.
- Provide M&S/LSB cybersecurity to include the following: collaborate with Cybersecurity POCs to address A&A; conduct technical exchange meetings; review system architecture for RMF as well as their respective A&A documentation; document problem areas and provide recommendations for a resolution; conduct site visit follow-up on issues and resolutions; document recommendations for process improvements.
- Review system documentation for accuracy and test system security features.
- Conduct facility visits to observe the processes related to each IA control (technical, personnel, operational, or management in nature).
- Utilize tools such as Nessus scanners, DISA System Readiness Review (SRR).
- Validate IA control implementation in M&S/LSB. Base assessments on the validation procedures of the RMF Knowledge Service and DISA STIGs.
- Participate in meetings with system Information Assurance Security Officers (IASOs), program managers, IA managers, and A&A authorities and their representatives, present overviews of issues and recommendations, and provide meeting reports outlining discussed topics and noting action.
- Bachelor's and 9 years or more of experience; Masters and 7 yrs, PhD/JD and 4yrs or relevant years of experience in lieu of degree.
- 7 years minimum experience
- DOD 8570.1 IAT Level II Certification
- Understanding of DoD policies and procedures including FIPS 199, FIPS 200, NIST 800-53, DHS 4300A SSH and other applicable policies
- Comprehensive knowledge of Physical Security principles, methods, and techniques
- Experience with ACAS, HBSS or Tenable Nessus vulnerability scanners
- Active Secret Clearance
- Operating system certification (i.e., Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert and/or Red Hat Certified System Administrator)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP)
- Microsoft Windows environment, UNIX, Linux, Hyper convergence technology, VMWare, VDI zero client architecture.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.