SAIC is seeking a Sybase DBA to join our team in support of work taking place at the Army Human Resources Command, while working from home.
This is a Remote / Virtual / Work from Home position.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshooting and correcting various replication states, queue management, suspending, resuming, and adding or removing replicated databases and servers.
- Managing data in a distributed system using Sybase ASE and Sybase Replication server in an OLTP warm stand-by configuration.
- Providing real time support to maintain the necessary functionality and respond to issues as they arise for Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise, and Sybase Replication Server.
- Providing Database Administration for the Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise Administrator and Replication Server Administrator.
- Administering Sybase ASE and Sybase Replication Server executing on Linux platforms: install, configure, start/stop, upgrade and monitor.
- Supporting technical users by identifying and resolving Issues.
- Administering security procedures.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; Four (4) additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of professional experience with Sybase administration.
- Experienced in ASE and Replication Server installation, configuration and patching at the Enterprise level.
- Knowledge to create and maintain replication tables, perform subscription materialization, define data server functions, establish replication functions, manage warm standby applications, maintain routes, maintain and manage database connections, handle errors and exceptions, recover databases, and reconcile database inconsistencies
- Experience in mission critical, high availability, high reliability environments.
- Clearance Requirement: Possess a SECRET clearance or have the ability to obtain one. Must have at least an interim SECRET to begin work on the contract. SAIC will assist with the processing of the interim clearance for a qualified candidate.
- CompTIA Security + Certification is required prior to start date.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.