Job ID: 218090
Location: KEARNEYSVILLE, WV, United States
Date Posted: Jun 2, 2021
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Network Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
May design, analyze, plan, modify, and maintain networks and network components supporting data, voice and/or audio communication activities. Prepares the analysis of short/long term capacity needs for switching, routing transmission and signaling. May conduct network architecture design, feasibility and cost studies as well as internal studies of network performance and traffic analysis. May evaluate new technology. Duties may include providing specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture; providing information for hardware and software selection; and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. Conducts testing of network systems. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. Evaluates and reports on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network. (It should be understood that this is not intended to be a detailed nor comprehensive description of any individual employee's job content. Managers set the specific duties and responsibilities for each employee).
-Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience. Four additional years' experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Hands on experience with Cisco and Brocade switches.
- Advanced level experience with at least two of the following: EIGRP, MPLS, BGP and OSPF
- Working technical knowledge of network switching protocols (STP, CDP, LLDP)
- Working technical knowledge of TCP/IP networks and standards (IEEE 802.1)
- Familiar with network topologies such as MPLS, Frame Relay, ATM, ISDN, etc.
- Solid understanding of OSI or TCP/IP model.
- Working knowledge IA Vulnerability Management (IAVM)
- Experience with Cisco firewalls
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Cisco IPsec (AES 256), Firewall, IPS, route-maps, and ACLs
- Expert knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP network technologies; DNS, DHCP, TFTP, NAT, and SSL.
- Knowledge of cabling and wiring systems, design, and installation.
- Ability to operate tools, components, peripherals, and testing accessories.
- Must have strong project management skills to ensure that all implementation details are identified and planned for to ensure seamless and successful implementation.
Professional Certifications and Education:
- CCNP or Higher (CCIE and/or CISSP highly valued)
- Bachelor's degree in a technical/business discipline or equivalent work experience.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.