Job ID: 218306
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jun 2, 2021
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
Join a winning team! SAIC’s National Security and Space (NSS) Sector is currently hiring to suppor the NRO in Chantilly, VA. The NRO is responsible for designing, building, and operating national security-related systems based in space, in the air, and on the ground. SAIC is a strong company providing opportunities for energetic individuals with a strong desire to expand their knowledge while increasing their responsibilities.
NSS has an opening for a Program Management Office (PMO) Exercise Support Lead in Ground Software Operations to provide systems engineering and technical advisory (SETA) services to a rapidly expanding Government Intelligence Community (IC) customer. The customer is developing next-generation of space and ground protection systems architectures, hardware and software solutions.
SAIC is hiring a Systems Engineer as a key point of contact for defining and coordinating with customers in space operations centers the involvement in exercises and war games of our new ground processing systems for on-orbit space systems and services. The Exercise Support Lead will support customers’ ongoing initiatives by using their space and ground systems experience to develop plans and coordinate execution with mission partners to practice and exercise the use of our systems. The Exercise Support Lead will also coordinate training and system demonstrations to show the system capabilities and refine concepts of operations to maximize benefits to the mission.
The duties and responsibilities as the Exercise Support Lead will include:
• Coordinate with users, mission partners and developers to understand system capabilities to meet the user mission needs
• Understand our customer needs, as it relates to the mission area, and help communicate with our developers and customers to develop capabilities to satisfy those needs
• Coordinate the planning and execution of realistic exercises, to utilize the software tool capabilities and develop concepts of operations based on the organizational strategy
• Coordinate user training, and provide demonstrations of the system
• Inform and coordinate training with operators on the mission, tactics and procedures for performing their mission to include exercise and war games
• Provide feedback to developers for discrepancies and change requests for future needs
• Participate in and coordinate new programs with ground and space tests, demonstrations, and exercises
• Must possess an active TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph
• BS degree in engineering related discipline
• 5+ years’ experience in space and engineering-related fields; additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree
• Experience in participating in DoD space exercises
• Strong verbal and written skills
• Experience in space operations, specifically in space control or space situation awareness
• Engineering and technical background in satellite vehicle or payload operations, ground processing, on-orbit activities and/or space modeling and simulation
• Knowledge of orbital mechanics/dynamics and use of analytical tools (such as STK)
• Experience with our Intelligence Community customer’s directorates and offices and their missions
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.