Job ID: 218315
Location: MIDDLETOWN, RI, United States
Date Posted: Sep 24, 2021
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a Software Engineer to provide support for the Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Newport, RI. You will perform design, development, testing, integration and configuration of software applications and components. You will provide software engineering expertise for the development, test, and analysis team and adhere to software development and configuration management processes. Documentation of software development including development of test plans, design documentation, maintaining design requirements will also be required. You will conduct analysis and collaborate with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for information storage, processing, presentation, manipulation, display, or reporting. You will be required to understand System Interconnects for delegating appropriate software routines to hardware. You will be responsible for generating automated test routines for testing hardware components for functionality and providing user feedback.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical field.
• 5+ years of progressive experience in systems design, integration and analysis of military hardware and software systems/processes
• Proficiency with one or more of the following scientific computing languages:
- National Instruments LabVIEW, LabVIEW Real-Time, PXI, Compact RIO, Teststand
- SQL / SQL Server
- Windows/Visual Studio
- Object-Oriented Software Engineering
• Proficiency with utilizing basic lab equipment like Oscilloscopes, DMM’s, Spectrum Analyzers, and other test equipment.
• Proficiency with different communication protocols like GPIB, RS232, SPI, Ethernet.
• Experience with Nationals Instruments Hardware like PXI, CRIO, CDAQ, ETC.
• U.S. Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a US DoD Secret Security Clearance.
• Experience with Department of Defense (DoD) projects
• Experience with Windchill, SVN, or DOORS
• Experience with FPGA or embedded design.
• Active Secret clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.