Job ID: 218017
Location: KEARNEYSVILLE, WV, United States
Date Posted: Jun 1, 2021
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Network Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
May design, analyze, plan, modify, and maintain networks and network components supporting data, voice and/or audio communication activities. Prepares the analysis of short/long term capacity needs for switching, routing transmission and signaling. May conduct network architecture design, feasibility and cost studies as well as internal studies of network performance and traffic analysis. May evaluate new technology. Duties may include providing specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture; providing information for hardware and software selection; and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. Conducts testing of network systems. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. Evaluates and reports on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network. (It should be understood that this is not intended to be a detailed nor comprehensive description of any individual employee's job content. Managers set the specific duties and responsibilities for each employee).
Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience. Four additional years' experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- This is a senior level position that will be responsible for managing the configuration, installation and on-going support of the Network Infrastructure which includes Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, Brocade switches, F5 load balancers, and Checkpoint and PaloAlto firewalls.
- The candidate for this position should have extensive hands on technical skills designing and deploying various network technologies.
- The scope of this position includes network design, equipment selection, implementation and support for all components.
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS, NAC)
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Work with the existing network administrators and engineers to manage, deploy, and troubleshoot firewalls, routers, VPN concentrators, and Network Access Control
- Assist with implementing new switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, and other network management/analysis/troubleshooting, and provide input for developing local operating procedures and policies as needed or
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Participation in 24/7 on- call rotation is required for this role.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance. An Interim Secret Clearance will be required to start the position.
- Hands on experience with Cisco and Brocade switches.
- Advanced level experience with at least two of the following: EIGRP, MPLS, BGP and OSPF
- Working technical knowledge of network switching protocols (STP, CDP, LLDP)
- Working technical knowledge of TCP/IP networks and standards (IEEE 802.1)
- Familiar with network topologies such as MPLS, Frame Relay, ATM, ISDN, etc.
- Solid understanding of OSI or TCP/IP model.
- Working knowledge of DoD STIGs, and IA Vulnerability Management (IAVM)
- Experience with Cisco ASA, Checkpoint and Palo Alto firewalls
- Knowledge of ForeScout CounterACT Network Access Control with extended modules
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Cisco IPsec (AES 256), Firewall, IPS, route-maps, and ACLs
- Expert knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP network technologies; DNS, DHCP, TFTP, NAT, and SSL.
- Knowledge of cabling and wiring systems, design, and installation.
- Ability to operate tools, components, peripherals, and testing accessories.
- This position will need to be adept at monitoring the ongoing operation of the network and identifying potential issues and corrective actions as needed.
- Additionally, this candidate should have strong project management skills to ensure that all implementation details are identified and planned for to ensure seamless and successful implementation.
Professional Certifications and Education:
- CCNP or Higher (CCIE and/or CISSP highly valued)
- Bachelor's degree in a technical/business discipline or equivalent work experience.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.