SAIC is looking for a Cybersecurity Engineer in San Diego, CA.
SAIC is looking for Cybersecurity Engineer with a TOP SECRET/ Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) clearance who is experienced in Risk Management Framework (RMF) to support Navy Sites and Programs of Record. The individual will determine if engineering and security solutions are practical, reliable and interoperable for the execution/implementation on Navy Networks.
- Develop RMF packages to include Plans of Actions and Milestones (POA&Ms), Security Assessment Plans (SAPs), Security Assessment Reports (SARs) and other required elements within the package in accordance with the DoD 8510.01, Risk Management Framework (RMF) for DoD Information Technology (IT). Develop test plans and conduct risk assessments using the Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS).
- Analyze ACAS scan results and make corrective recommendations for strengthening the security posture and cyber resilience of systems/networks.
- Collaborate with the representatives with the Security Controls Assessor (SCA) and Navy Authorizing Official (NAO) as packages progress through the Assessment and Authorization (A&A) process. Remediate and mitigate issues identified by the SCA and/or NAO that are necessary to obtain an authorization for the system.
- Review proposed new systems, networks, and software designs for potential security risks, recommending countermeasures that lead to the resolution of engineering and integration issues.
- Provide technical assistance and recommendations regarding the planning, implementation, and management of Battlespace Awareness with existing and emerging infrastructures.
- Assist in development and update of technical documentation for system development. Documents may include Concept of Employment, Requirements Traceability Matrix, training documents, white papers, and capability assessment reports.
- Assist the customer with Test and Evaluation (T&E) cybersecurity-focused test events such as the Cybersecurity Vulnerability Penetration Assessment (CVPA and Adversarial Assessment (AA).
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or related technical field; Systems Engineering preferred. 4 or more years of related experience. 4 Additional years of experience will be considered in lieu degree.
- Approved DoD Directive 8570.01/DoD 8570-1M Security Certifications such as Security+, Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
- Active TS/SCI
Ability to work with and build relationships with a variety of stakeholders, government technical representatives, and other supporting contractors; excellent written and oral communications; ability to work independently or in a team collaborative environment; ability to brief senior government personnel.
Desired Skills and Certifications:
- Experience with A&A/RMF for Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) systems.
- Understanding of the DOD acquisition process, PEO C4I and NAVWAR Systems Center.
- Certifications: INCOSE, DevSecOps, Network+.
- Prior Military experience with Information Operations (IO) and/or Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) Family of Systems (FoS) systems.
- Experience with RMF and NIST compliance standards.
- Experience with US Navy Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (C4I) systems
- Knowledge of operating systems (Linux, Windows), network protocols and technologies, web services, databases, scripting, and firewalls.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.