Job ID: 218304
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jun 1, 2021
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
We are looking for sharp acquistion folks at all levels to join our winning team!
SAIC’s National Security and Space (NSS) Sector is currently hiring for our NRO customer supporting the space community in Chantilly, VA. This customer is responsible for designing, building, and operating national security-related systems based in space, in the air, and on the ground. SAIC is a strong company providing opportunities for energetic individuals with a strong desire to expand their knowledge while increasing their responsibilities.
SAIC is seeking Systems Engineers with Acquisition practice at various experience levels to provide Systems Engineering and Technical Advisory (SETA) services to a rapidly expanding Government Intelligence Community (IC) customer for a complex space and ground efforts as part of an exciting and innovative set of programs.
The Acquisition Systems Engineer provides support to the Program Office in acquisition and execution of mission critical systems. The Acquisition Systems Engineer is part of a team of high-performing subject matter experts (SMEs) responsible for planning, development and execution of new acquisitions, developing and executing ECPs, monitoring contract execution and providing technical analysis.
Responsibilities may include but not limited to the following:
• Reviewing Contract Data Requirements List (CDRLs) for compliance, execution, and program status
• Acquisition and Pre-Acquisition artifact generation
• Guiding program acquisitions through agency governance process
• Maintaining awareness of Systems Engineering Processes and Artifacts
• Assisting leadership in coordination and collaboration activities across multiple agencies and with oversight
• Coordinating acquisitions and acquisition documents across the Program Office
• Representing the Program Office in customer acquisition discussions related to current and future contracts
• Active TS/SCI with Poly
• Bachelor degree in engineering, science, or related disciplines; relevant years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
• 5 or more years of related experience
• Experience with Federal, Department Of Defense (DoD), and Intelligence Community (IC) Acquisition processes
• Experience in system acquisitions over $50M
• Experience in acquisition planning and execution
• Exceptional communication and coordination skills
• Ability to quickly understand and respond to Government queries
• Certificate in Program Management and/or Systems Engineering
• Experience with customer Acquisition processes
• Experience in system acquisitions over $500M
• Experience creating Major System Acquisition governance artifacts and supporting associated processes
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.