SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation’s technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
SAIC is looking for a Senior Payload Systems Engineer (PSE) in Rochester, New York to join our dynamic program. This position requires an active TS/SCI with Poly.
The PSE is a technical/engineering professional who participates in payload architecture development, requirements development and verification, and unit design of spacecraft payloads. The PSE provides expert advice, technical evaluations and alternatives on the technical approach and execution for payloads. Key areas of focus include payload architecture and design evaluations, payload subsystem requirements analysis, evaluation of requirements allocations documents (RADs), requirements verification plans (RVPs), requirement verification reports (RVRs), sell-off recommendations and proposal technical evaluations.
PSE Tasks include:
- Support the customer in the oversight of the design, integration and test of spacecraft payloads.
- Coordinate technical evaluations of developer Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs), including Basis of Estimate evaluations and recommendations in support of establishing USG cost positions
- Review and assess specifications, RADs, RVPs, ICDs, RVRs and system level requirements documentation, and the functionality and accommodation of payloads onto the satellite bus.
- Review, analyze and coordinate any changes to payload specifications.
- Track payload development issues, significant accomplishments and upcoming events; provide status updates to the customer.
- Attend system level design reviews, and program management reviews to assess payload design maturity, requirement compliance and to provide informed technical recommendations to the customer.
- Review, document and trace payload requirements, and coordinate with other engineers, FFRDC and developer personnel to resolve issues.
- Review payload requirements allocations for accuracy and ensure requirement allocation documentation is complete and accurate.
- Participate in payload unit and system testing to verify proper execution; review and correlate post-test data to ensure payload requirements are met.
- Actively participate in payload system requirements sell-off events.
- Maintain knowledge of current industry space vehicle hardware and software design, manufacturing and test specifications and standards, and apply that knowledge during reviews of developer documentation and processes.
- Use analytical skills and tools to analyze design modifications and assess payload implications against performance requirements
- Review acquisition milestone payload design documentation for adequacy, accuracy and completeness, and identify cost, schedule and technical risks/opportunities, and provide mitigation strategies through formal and informal comments.
- Assess adequacy of developer verification data and provide recommendations to the GPOC for approval or disapproval with clear commentary demonstrating the logic for the recommendations.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with prime contractor counterparts, functional counterparts, and other spacecraft subsystem subject matter experts
- Advise and mentor Government Payload Systems Engineer regarding payload design elements.
- Must have active/current TS/SCI clearance and be able to obtain a Polygraph
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree and fourteen 14+ years or more related experience
- Must be engineering professional who participates in payload architecture development, requirements development and verification, and unit design of spacecraft payloads.
- The PSE provides expert advice, technical evaluations and alternatives on the technical approach and execution for payloads. Key areas of focus include payload architecture and design evaluations, payload subsystem requirements analysis, evaluation of requirements allocations documents (RADs), requirements verification plans (RVPs), requirement verification reports (RVRs), sell-off recommendations and proposal technical evaluations.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.