Make a difference for national security by joining a team of dedicated professionals in El Segundo, CA who assist the Space Force in developing and deploying the next generation of space control capabilities. To support these efforts, we are actively hiring Modeling and Simulation Engineers to support the National Space Defense Labs (NSDL) contract on the Horizon Program, focused on state-of-the-art emerging technologies that includes Multi-security level data fusion, Cloud Migration, Software Integration, Big Data Science, Big Data Analytics, Digital Engineering, Model-Based Systems Engineering and 3D Visualization using latest gaming engine and virtual and augmented reality.
Modeling and Simulation Engineers will assess space and ground system architectures and system performance, and develop models and simulations that effectively capture system and system of systems effects in complex operational environments.
We are looking for innovative, creative, and highly motivated individuals that will be responsible for the following:
- Design, develop and verify simulations and analysis plans, as well as other work products such as gap analyses or Technical Performance Measures (TPM) assessments that enable key program and architectural decisions.
- Generate analytical modeling solutions to assess enterprise performance, identify technology gaps, create technology roadmaps, develop requirements and specify the operational benefits of current and future concepts based on customer approved scenarios.
- Support requirements development, system verification, and concept of operations (CONOPS) development and work with system and mission analysts to ensure additional modeling, simulation, analysis capabilities meet operational mission requirements
- Identify needs and opportunities for independent assessment and improvement of the enterprise and/or system.
- Develop modeling solutions for each phase of the find, fix, target, track, engage, and assess chain using sensor, effects, and communications technologies.
- Develop algorithms, write simulations, and analyze key performance parameters associated with space and ground sensor system design.
- Support analysis activities by integrating performance models with MBSE models and tools.
- Quantify performance impacts and sensitivity to changes in CONOPS, scenarios, and/or threats.
- Develop and brief data packages that provide analysis results to inform the government decision-makers.
- Work closely with the government customer to understand needs and collaborate with prime contractors, other team contractors, government civilians, and members of the Space Force.
- Bachelor's Degree in Math, Science, or Engineering with 5+ years of demonstrated modeling and simulation experience (equivalently a similar Master's Degree with 4+ years, or PhD)
- Experience with systems engineering techniques and tools
- Experienced at self-starting, seeking solutions, and works well in a team environment
- Experience scripting for analysis purposes
- Demonstrated experience working with Air Force/DoD customers to provide alternatives analysis and evaluate CONOPS, with application to space and/or ground systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as organization and interpersonal skills
- Qualified applicants must possess as active Secret clearance with TS/SCI eligibility and be willing to consent to a polygraph examination
Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Experience with MATLAB, C++, Java, or other programming languages
- Experience with STK, AFSIM, Simulink, Model Center, or other comparable modeling and simulation tools
- Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) experience using Cameo Enterprise Architect, Sparx Enterprise Architect, or other comparable tools
- Broad experience with the space mission area, including space situational awareness, space control, satellite design, and sensor physics
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.