SAIC is seeking a Data Operations (DataOps) Lead responsible for managing deployment, administration service delivery, reliability, scalability, monitoring, and production support of data interoperability solutions using multiple tools and programming languages. The DataOps Lead uses industry standards and best practices to ensure that data integration solutions are operational and working efficiently with a focus on automation, continuous integration, and continuous delivery. He/She will also be responsible for enhancing the understanding of data, primarily through the customer’s data catalog, metadata management procedures from Data Governance Program to ensure they can effectively operate as well as leading the day-to-day operations and ensures appropriate metadata management procedures are followed.
Job Duties Include:
- Develop data and metadata policies and procedures for structural design and development to build, maintain and leverage the data model, ensuring integration with corporate data standards
- Monitor industry trends and directions in database technology and tools; develop and present substantive technical recommendations to the Sponsor
- Oversee the design, evaluation, selection, implementation and support of major databases and metadata structures; review and evaluate database performance, risk and financial analysis feasibility studies
- Oversee the strategic structural design and development of databases and metadata
- Provide advanced technical direction to the maintenance of major existing databases supporting evolving applications and business processes
- Provide comprehensive assessments of the technical characteristics of proposals and alternatives considered to optimize database performance
- Provide extensive technical, strategic advice and guidance in the creation and implementation of new data standards and databases
- Provide technical oversight and direction to designated boards for integrating new technology or major new mission capabilities into the metadata and data standards and structures
- Review and assess technical proposals requesting changes or upgrades to the existing databases
- Serve as the lead technical resource in the strategic oversight and planning of data models and database structural design and development
- Strategically plan new designs for integration into a database structure, using knowledge of the characteristics of the systems being added to the structure and the specifications for database interfaces to ensure effective integration and optimal database performance
- Develop methods of ensuring data incompatibilities among systems are systematically eliminated
- Diagnose, isolate and expediently resolve complex problems pertaining to data infrastructure
- Must have an active/current TS/SCI with Polygraph
- 5+ years of professional experience in data management, data governance, or data analysis as a Data Architect, Data Engineer, Data Governance or related role.
- 10+ years of total professional experience in a technical setting
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years and 5+ year of experience
- Experience with scripting in one or more languages (UNIX based scripting, Python)
- Experience with managing data in cloud storage, and using scripts and automation to automate the deployment and operation of data pipelines
- Experience with administering and managing data in relational databases and distributed computing systems using automation and/or addressing build, deployment and operational issues as they come up
- Experience with workflow optimization and execution improvements
- Experience with monitoring of data processes and outputs to solve day-to-day customer and production challenges
- Experience with improving automation of workflows, code testing and deployment.
- Experience with data management concepts and activities including an understanding of industry best practices for data sourcing, key data elements, and metadata
- Experience using SQL and NoSQL database systems
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Knowledge of developing and using data standards comprising the format, representation, definition, structuring, manipulation, tagging, transmission, use, and management of data
- Experience assessing data solutions for compliance with guidelines and policies
- Experience with development of project work plans, milestone tracking, and coordination of efforts
- Experience with Agile Methodologies and Kanban Framework
- Experience with DevOps principles and practices
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence, and the rest of the Atlassian suite
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.