SAIC is seeking a Chief Data Architect responsible for the design and implementation of enterprise-wide data architecture and supporting the development of the data management strategy and roadmaps. Chief Data Architect is responsible for delivering enterprise data capability which enables the business to realize value through consistent, accurate, reliable and high-quality data and leading-edge data, reporting and analytical solutions. He/She is also responsible for driving changes to data capabilities to align with the business’ strategic direction leveraging the full capabilities in the data systems.
Job Duties Include:
- Develop data and metadata policies and procedures for structural design and development to build, maintain and leverage the data model, ensuring integration with corporate data standards
- Monitor industry trends and directions in database technology and tools; develop and present substantive technical recommendations to the Sponsor
- Oversee the design, evaluation, selection, implementation and support of major databases and metadata structures; review and evaluate database performance, risk and financial analysis feasibility studies
- Oversee the strategic structural design and development of databases and metadata
- Provide advanced technical direction to the maintenance of major existing databases supporting evolving applications and business processes
- Provide comprehensive assessments of the technical characteristics of proposals and alternatives considered to optimize database performance
- Provide extensive technical, strategic advice and guidance in the creation and implementation of new data standards and databases
- Provide technical oversight and direction to designated boards for integrating new technology or major new mission capabilities into the metadata and data standards and structures
- Review and assess technical proposals requesting changes or upgrades to the existing databases
- Serve as the lead technical resource in the strategic oversight and planning of data models and database structural design and development
- Strategically plan new designs for integration into a database structure, using knowledge of the characteristics of the systems being added to the structure and the specifications for database interfaces to ensure effective integration and optimal database performance
- Develop methods of ensuring data incompatibilities among systems are systematically eliminated
- Diagnose, isolate and expediently resolve complex problems pertaining to data infrastructure
- Must have an active/current TS/SCI with Polygraph
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Data Architect, Data Engineer or related role developing conceptual, logical, and preliminary physical data models for an enterprise.
- 10+ years of total professional experience in a technical setting
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years and 10+ year of experience
- Experience using and ingesting data into SQL and NoSQL database systems
- Experience with Apache Hadoop and/or Apache Spark.
- Experience developing data models
- Experience developing and maintaining data processing flows using NiFi
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Knowledge of developing and using data standards comprising the format, representation, definition, structuring, manipulation, tagging, transmission, use, and management of data
- Experience assessing data solutions for compliance with guidelines and policies
- Experience with machine learning algorithms (models) to make predictions based on current and historical data
- Experience with Data Warehouse and Data Lake concepts for reporting, analytics, and data mining
- Experience with development of project work plans, milestone tracking, and coordination of efforts
- Excellent organizational and analytical abilities, and able to compile and organize statistical information retrieved and present findings to management
- Experience with Agile Methodologies and Kanban Framework
- Experience with DevOps principles and practices
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence, and the rest of the Atlassian suite
- Effective communication working in diverse teams.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.