SAIC is seeking a Software Engineer with specialized focus on Data Engineering to perform data model design, data formatting, and ETL development optimized for efficient storage, access, and computation to serve various use cases. You will work closely with other technical SMEs and functional teams (e.g., data scientists, full stack developers, cloud engineer) to understand use cases and requirements to explore data from various sources, then leverage appropriate tools and resources to make accurate data available to the users, and modify it to enable insights extraction to achieve desired customer deliverables.
Job Duties Include:
Movement of structure and unstructured data (gigabyte to terabyte range) using Sponsor approved methods.
Execute data ingestion activities for storing data in a local or enterprise level (Integrated Data Layer) location.
View data in its source format.
Develop code to format data that facilitates exploration.
Analyze source data formats and work with Data Scientists and Mission Partners to determine the formats and transforms that best meet mission objectives.
Develop code and tools to provide one-time and on-going data formatting and transformations into enterprise or boutique data models.
Implement existing ETL code and best practices/standards that are currently in use in the enterprise.
Operate and Maintain existing ETL code
Design and develop new, and modify existing data models
Develop and deliver Software Documentation for each code project that includes ETL mappings, code use guide, code location (generally GitHub) and access instructions), and anomalies encountered.
Support Tier 3 O&M Activities.
Participate in Peer Reviews
- Must have an active/current TS/SCI with Polygraph.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years and 5+ year of experience
- 3 + years working with ELK Stack (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana) including maintaining and optimizing Elastic clusters.
- 3 + years of experience using and ingesting data into SQL and NoSQL database systems
- Experience with Apache Hadoop and/or Apache Spark.
- Experience developing data models
- Experience developing and maintaining data processing flows using NiFi
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience working with Linux OS
- Basic familiarity with building containerized services (e.g. via Docker)
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence, and the rest of the Atlassian suite
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.