SAIC is currently seeking a Senior Network Engineer to support the US Army Corps of Engineers Revolutionary IT Services (USACE RITS) program.
NOTE: This is a 100% virtual / work from home / remote position located anywhere in the CONUS.
- Seeking a technical expert, perform network related tasks required for deploying IT infrastructure in support of projects at both enterprise and local site levels within the USACE OCIO/G-6 environment IAW DoD, Army, and USACE OCIO G6 policies and procedures.
- Provide network engineering and technical services required to design, model, test, pilot, and implement the systems and infrastructure needed to deliver voice, video, data and other services, IAW established architectures, security standards, as well as the System Engineering Management Plan.
- Configure network to ensure highest security and efficient flow of data. Provide advice, assistance, investigation, coordination, and implementation services for improving or extending existing network solutions, or implementing emerging solutions.
- Expected to implement and document design standards, and establish appropriate interfaces that best fulfill interoperability and mission requirements, designing, recommending, and executing configuration of all network and communication equipment, facilities, and services.
- Analyze network traffic and bandwidth needs, and provide capacity-planning solutions.
- Provide guidance and status updates to leadership regarding issues that could impact services, and interfaces with vendors to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years experience or 9 years experience in lieu of degree.
- Must have at least 2+ years of overall experience as a hands on Network Engineer.
- Experience following a structured engineering framework.
- Able to think logically and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Ability to work in a matrixed and collaborative environment
- Requires exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Capacity to gain a thorough knowledge of the relevant specialty area
- Willing to continuously update personal IT skills and knowledge
- Must have Secret clearance
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.