SAIC is seeking Systems Engineers at various experience levels to provide Engineering services of complex space and ground efforts as part of an exciting and innovative program. These Engineering Professionals will support system engineering and integration activities that define and integrate major space systems and associated ground elements from concept into an operational enterprise. The Engineering Professionals possess demonstrated working knowledge of large space/ground systems test and integration activities necessary to enable the successful demonstration of operational capabilities in a larger enterprise. As a SE&I Professional you will provide System Engineering services across all Engineering disciplines critical to developing and assembling the operational capabilities into an integrated architecture.
- Provide Systems Engineering expertise as part of a world-class Engineering and Integration team
- Provide analysis and leadership to systems design and development, from initial component architecture and design through operations
- Develop operational concepts, requirements, and architectural designs; Evolve system architectures, conduct and analyze requirements flow down, propose verification methodologies
- Lead Lifecycle readiness reviews to demonstrate the design meets all specifications and customer requirements
- Research state-of-the-art component technologies and system concepts/capabilities
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders including senior executive officials, military officers, development contractors, and end users.
- Conduct risk management processes and methods for identifying and adjudicating program risk; Conduct analysis to identify program risk areas and recommend/implement mitigation approaches.
- Conduct modeling and simulation analysis as needed
- Conduct and maintain Configuration Management of program baseline
- Provide expert mission analysis to define technical requirements and interfaces, provide analysis of alternatives, guide development, evaluate expected performance against requirements and mission needs, and support calibration activities
- Develop briefings and assessments to a variety of audiences, and must be able to convey information in a clear and articulate manner to Government leadership.
TEAM MEMBER POSITIONS:
- Capability Systems Engineer
- Systems Architect
- Requirements Engineer
- Configuration Manager
- Mission Analyst
- Agilist / Scrum Master
- Model based Systems Engineering (MBSE) Specialist/Expert
- Risk Management Specialist
- Schedule Management Specialist/Master
- Current TS clearance with willingness & ability to upgrade
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering science discipline related technical field or 4 years additional years' experience in lieu of degree
- 9+ years professional experience, 7+ years professional experience with a Master's degree
- Experience in systems integration and systems engineering
- Experience in 1 of these 3 backgrounds: Space, Ground RADAR or EO related systems
- Experience leading combined hardware and software integration activities
- Experience using model based system engineering concepts
- Experience with systems integration throughout the lifecycle
- Experience with space-ground systems architectures and lifecycle support
- Experience implement agile software development techniques
- Strong leadership, interpersonal communications skills
- Experience in leading contractor/industry teams
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize competing requirements and tasks
- Possess the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
DESIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Masters of Science in engineering, science or related technical field
- Experience in large systems acquisition
- Thorough understanding of space systems design, integration and test requirements and test execution, including test equipment support.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.