SAIC is seeking a Cyber Design Engineer specializing in the Design, Engineering, Integration, and Deployment to Operations of a holistic cyber solution for an exciting and innovative complex space and ground effort. The successful candidate will work both independently and in a team based environment to document and present recommendations, both orally and written.
This position will require an active TS clearance with willingness and ability to upgrade. It is located in Chantilly, VA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the lead Systems Engineer and Project Manager specializing in the Design, Engineering, Integration, and Deployment to Operations of a holistic cyber solution.
- Oversee a multi-disciplined program team and decisions related to resource allocation, work assignment, schedule management, risk and opportunity management, and quality attainment in meeting program milestones and objectives
- Contribute to solving Computer Network Defense (CND) and security problems of national significance.
- Perform as key Advisor/Subject Matter Expert (SME) for a range of needs/products related to the expansion of CND solutions, particularly with End-to-End Monitoring and NIST 800-series of controls
- Provide technical support utilizing security engineering principles involving communications security, network security, computer security, and key management. Provides technical and engineering support in the evaluation, installation, and integration of new software, security patches, and enhancements.
- Serve as SME for the development and expansion of an End-to-End Monitoring service in an automated environment, focused on reducing vulnerability exposure duration while eliminating touch labor to the degree possible.
- Develop, review, and present information and reports, orally and in writing, to a wide range of senior staff and audiences internal and external to the program.
- Proactively perform as an organized and dedicated change agent, core to ensuring quality assurance
- Conduct analysis and evaluations- making recommendations and providing professional advice and assistance to include preparing criteria and analytical aids, briefings, reports and presentations.
- Recommend information assurance/security solutions (i.e., tools, tactics, and techniques) that will be used by CND analysts.
- Establish knowledge management database for implementing approved CND response actions and procedures.
- Prepare and present briefings as a subject matter expert.
- Develop and maintain system documentation as it pertains to CND capabilities and related implementation.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience.
Education and Experience:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience supporting network defense capabilities and systems, infrastructures and IT
- Demonstrated knowledge of mission and ground sites
- Demonstrated knowledge of IC security principles, procedures, standards, and security solutions
- Experience in technical leadership role in cyber-security operations center.
- Experience with security operations, monitoring intrusions, vulnerability assessments
- Experience with conducting and documenting Cost/Benefit analysis studies for the selection, deployment, and integration of Information Technologies
- Recent experience with and understanding of cyber systems, policies, standards and limitations
- The ability to work proactively, independently, and/or as a member of a highly effective technical team while developing approaches
- Skilled/comfortable working in high-tempo environment, able to be flexible and to adjust to dynamic political, technical and/or fiscal challenges
- Knowledge of IC budgetary principles and procedures
- Relevant security certifications including but not limited to CISSP, CISA, CISM, and/or CEH
- PMP Certification
- Current TS clearance with willingness and ability to upgrade
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.