JOB DESCRIPTION: SAIC is hiring a Senior VOIP Specialist. This position can be located in Vicksburg MS, Hillsboro, OR, or 100% remotely.
ABOUT THE POSITION: This role will enable mission essential voice operations that facilitate the prompt detection, resolution, escalation and reporting of service impacting events and incidents. We are looking for a telecommunications/voice specialist, experienced in Cisco Unified
Communications to construct, install, monitor, repair and maintain communications systems and equipment. The successful candidate will be familiar will telecommunications, telephone and data cables, wiring, circuits, digital computers, industry standard and legacy voice systems and all related systems and devices. You will be joining a team of 10 multi-tiered, multi-site located telecommunications/VoIP technicians.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate and maintain telecommunications/voice systems; supports engineering
- Balance workload across projects, O&M tasks, incident and work order tickets, service levels
- Translate organization and end user requirements and implement solutions using existing telecommunications/voice/computer technology to meet their mission needs
- Meet joint work center service levels, such as end-to-end service levels
- Identify and report when systems are not capable of meeting those service levels, including recommendations to correct
- Evaluate telecommunications/voice systems performance and improve capabilities as needed
- Document plans, requests, activities and specifications and reporting on them
- Program features, design telecommunications/voice systems and allocate resources as needed
- Monitor and test systems and peripheral equipment and troubleshoot problems
- Oversee and coordinate telecommunications/voice activities
- Assist lead with budget for electronic equipment, software and resources, including justification
- Able to assist co-workers and service desk technicians solving customer VoIP requirements
- Follow industry's standards and best practices
- Provide support and coordination of engineering solutions and telecommunications/voice administration for all components associated with ACE-IT telecommunications/VoIP capabilities
- Maintain up to date configuration of all commercial software and hardware relevant to the management of the ACE-IT telecommunications/VoIP capabilities
- Configure and maintain telecommunications/VoIP management platforms
- Evaluate, troubleshoot and analyze telecommunications/VoIP events and the ability to monitor data on the network to provide troubleshooting and event diagnosis
- Develop engineering, deployment and integration plans for new telecommunications/VoIP systems.
- Prepare and submit status reports, and technical briefs, as required, to lead, senior management and customers.
- Provide technical expertise at meetings, as well as documenting project management notes
- Support the VoIP lead developing, revising and updating procedures.
- Interface directly with customer on all telecommunications/VoIP assigned by the VoIP lead
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications or relevant field.
- 10 years practical work experience as a telecommunications/voice systems specialist. This applies regardless of certification level (CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA).
- Will also consider a High School diploma and 14 years of relevant experience in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- Position requires DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level III certification and corresponding Computing Environment certification. Must have at least one of the following: CASP or CISSP.
- Also must have one of the following CE Certifications: CCIE Collaboration, CCNP Collaboration or CCNA Collaboration.
- High Degree of experience with Cisco Unified Communications including UCCX and scripting.
- Hands on experience with all telecommunications/voice systems including peripheral equipment (e.g. CUC, UCCX, networks, PBX, optical fiber, on site controllers, modems, terminals, etc.)
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: Must have at least an Interim Secret Security Clearance to start work, and be able to obtain a Secret clearance.
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.