SAIC is currently seeking a Server Storage Engineer to support the US Army Corps of Engineers Revolutionary IT Services (USACE RITS) program.
NOTE: This is a 100% virtual / work from home / remote position located anywhere in the CONUS.
- Standard work week M-F 8 Hours a day / Join Oncall rotation every 4 to 5 weeks
- Experienced in analysis, proactive troubleshooting, and performance troubleshooting for the SAN/NAS NetApp storage environment including the creation of documentation for new process and procedures.
- In-depth review of all replication relationships across the NetApp storage arrays. Ability to identify and resolve any issues with the replication relationships across the NetApp storage arrays for daily clones, mirrors, snaps and vaults, including re-activation and configuration.
- Careful review of the environment for non-critical or repetitive warning symptoms possibly indicative of future issues.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server, Unix/Linux, Solaris & AIX platforms.
- Effectively communicate with internal customers, peers, and managers regarding storage administration issues.
- Specific responsibilities may include but aren’t limited to the following:
- Storage management and optimization: upgrades, audits, performance monitoring and troubleshooting, volume configuration and provisioning, SAN
- Documentation: create and maintain documentation of the NetApp environment according to best practices
- Service management: interact and integrate with operational service management personnel to ensure smooth, continuous storage operations
- Customer management: serve as a trusted adviser to the customer, providing technical mentorship on NetApp technology to less-experienced teammates
- Vendor relations: collaborate with NetApp technical team and management to help the end client leverage NetApp hardware and software solutions
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and three (5) years of experience; Equivalent Advising stakeholders and translating business requirements into secure, scalable, and reliable storage solutions
- Interfacing with various operations teams to ensure deployments are successful and met all business requirements
- Apply technical knowledge to address O&M of NetApp and other storage platforms (Hitachi or Fiber Channel fabric knowledge is a plus)
- Partnering with VMware SMEs, DBAs, and customers to implement solutions based on sound system designs
- Demonstrate advanced experience and knowledge of IT operations, identity management, security, business continuity, disaster recovery, data platform, budgeting, and governance – this role should manage how decisions in each area affect an overall solution.
- Must have Secret Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or demonstrated ability and minimum of six years of NetApp storage experience
- Strong track record of Continuing Education and NetApp certification is desirable (NCDA/NCIE)
- DoD 8570 IAT II compliance (Security+CE or greater (CASP or CISSP)
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.