SAIC has an opportunity for a System Administrator to support the US Army Corps of Engineers Revolutionary IT Services (USACE RITS) program.
NOTE: This is a 100% virtual / work from home / remote position located anywhere in the CONUS.
- With advanced knowledge and appreciable latitude in decision-making, provide infrastructure support services for USACE operating systems, workstations, and servers in accordance with USACE’s cloud migration strategy.
- Manage and maintain existing infrastructure, to include RHEL/UNIX/LINUX/AIX/TOMCAT servers; ensure systems and applications operate seamlessly.
- Coordinate, direct, and perform software installation, configuration, maintenance, upgrades, and version currency and refresh of infrastructure and devices.
- Schedule installations and upgrades and maintain them in accordance with most current vendor release levels.
- Continually monitor and tune multiple systems to achieve optimum performance levels and cybersecurity standards.
- Monitor and maintain all hosted servers for potential-for-error conditions requiring preventive maintenance, and ensure ongoing security patch deployment.
- Ensure workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions of varying complexities.
- Provide Apache webserver/website administration and integration support with application teams to ensure that the hosting platform can adequately and securely support the application configuration and workload.
- Familiarity with Red Hat packaging (rpm, yum, etc.) for RHEL 6, RHEL 7 and RHEL 8
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and two (2) years or Additional four (4) years of experience in lieu of degree
- CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: Must have an Interim Secret clearance and be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
- REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS: IAT-II (e.g. Security+)
- Proficient with compiling/installing/troubleshooting perl modules for different versions. Including OS and other application/software requirements.
Proficient with compiling/installing/troubleshooting python modules for different versions. Including OS and other application/software requirements.
Familiarity with re-creating or bundling custom modules for perl and python to the lifecycle environments (dev, stage, prod)
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.