SAIC has an immediate need for a VoiP experienced Sr. Network Engineer to support the NASA Integrated Communications Services (NICS) contract at NASA's Ames Research Center in Mountain View California.
The NICS contract provides high quality integrated communications services for secure voice, video and data solutions and services to NASA customers worldwide. The selected engineer will be part of a team of 5 -6 Engineers.
- Manage and administer the Enterprise VoIP telephony system including on-site hosted infrastructure.
- Interface directly with the end users, NASA management and enterprise engineering team on a daily basis to support various trouble tickets, assigned incidents and perform scheduled upgrades and maintenance.
- Participate in and be added to the alternating after-hours on-call support schedule for resolution of system problems, power outages, or site emergency situations and maintain system records, logs, and configuration documentation;
- Manage assigned trouble tickets and provide timely resolution to problems in accordance with service level agreements (SLA).
Required Education and Experience:
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or related engineering degrees.
- 5 or more years of direct work experience in networking with Cisco voice routers, routers and switches
- Strong understanding and experience with Cisco Communications Manager, Cisco Unity Connection & IM & Presence version 11x and above.
- Strong understanding of Networking Infrastructure design and support concepts.
- Able to work and effectively communicate with all levels of management, including executive management.
- Ability to participate and contribute to additional network engineering projects outside of the VoIP scope
Desired Skills / Experiences:
- Understanding of multi-cluster design for both ILS and SME dial plans
- Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE), SME and SIP Trunking
- Cisco Voice IOS Gateways with H.323, MGCP, and analog gateways (VG350)
- Cisco Jabber for Windows and MAC.
- Familiarity with Network Access Control relating to secure CUCM procedures in mixed mode and phone LSC’s
- Knowledge of Protocols - not limited to VOIP, H.323, SIP, RTP, SRTP
- Data analysis & documentation (Visio, NetBrain, Patch Manager, Splunk, syslog, CDR)
- Scripting with Excel & Python a plus.
- Familiarity with monitoring, maintaining and remedying issues with VMWare ESXi and vSphere software
- Call flow analysis using RTMT, pcap, wireshark.
- Experience with secure telephone devices TSG/vIPer.
- Knowledge of traditional copper TDM infrastructure as well as networked Voice over IP concepts to include: SIP, QoS, VLANs, RTP, and MGCP
- Secure and inventory telecom equipment, including telephones, and other telephony equipment
- Resolve break/fixes and provide move/add/change/deactivation requests for all telecommunications systems
- Collaborate with peer IT teams to ensure related infrastructure operations are in place to support the UC services (Wide Area Network/Local Area Network)
- Maintain system availability and monitoring of services
- Strong verbal and writing skills.
- Remedy experience a plus.
Certifications / Training:
- CCNA level certification. Substantiated experience may substitute
- Desired Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or related field and 5 years of experience in the Information Network Services and VoIP
Desired Certifications / Training:
- CCNA or related certificates List
Travel (if any):
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.