SAIC is looking for Athletic Trainers to support the Holistic Health and Fitness (H2F) Program at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA
The ATs will act as part of a multi-discipline team that will provide embedded soldier care at the Brigade level.
The H2F System is the Army’s primary investment in Soldier readiness and lethality, optimal physical and non-physical performance, reduced injury rates, improved rehabilitation after injury, and increased overall effectiveness of the Total Army. The system empowers and equips Soldiers to take charge of their health, fitness, and well-being in order to optimize individual performance, while preventing injury and disease.
This position is contingent upon award this Summer of 2021.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from a college or university accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE).
- Two (2) years of relevant AT work experience within the last three (3) years.
- Relevant experience is defined as developing and executing task and environment specific functional injury control and health/well-being programs for groups of athletes or Department of Defense/Department of Homeland Security/Department of Justice entities focused on a common sport or mission performance goal.
- The ability to demonstrate experience working with active populations (e.g. military, high school, collegiate, professional sports, performing arts, occupational health).
- U.S. Citizenship
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- A passing score from the Board of Certification (BOC) for the Athletic Trainer examination and hold current credentials of Athletic Trainer, Certified (ATC).
- An unrestricted state license/registration/certification in any of the 49 regulated states; the District of Colombia; or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the US Virgin Islands to provide health care within the scope of practice for ATs per state practice acts.
- A National Provider Identifier (NPI).
- Have a current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross with Automated External Defibrillators (AED) certification. Certification cards must display the American Heart Association, the American Red Cross emblem. Web-based classes do not meet required standards.
- Have the ability to read, write, and speak English to effectively communicate with Soldiers, staff and other ATs.
- Demonstrate sufficient initiative, interpersonal relationship skills and social sensitivity such that they can relate to a variety of Soldiers from diverse backgrounds.
- Have the ability to operate a personal or Government computer utilizing Microsoft applications, such as Word, Excel. The AT shall operate and manipulate automated systems to include, but not limited to, Composite Healthcare Computer System (CHCS), Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (AHLTA), Ambulatory Data System (ADS), MHS Genesis, Clinical Information System (CIS), and Medical Operational Data Systems such as the Medical Readiness Portal. ATs will navigate and operate with unit SharePoint sites.
- Participate in Government-based education and in-service training as mandated by the local installation.
- Participate in continuing education programs to meet the requirements for their AT license or certification renewals.
- Be required to observe Army specific training events (e.g., shooting range, obstacle courses, combatives training areas, etc.) as directed. ATs must be physically able to hike in an austere environment and terrain (e.g., rocky, no running water, no shelter, no bathroom, no climate control, inclement weather, loud, smoky, etc.) while carrying their own backpack with necessary supplies on occasion (<20% of the time). Be physically able to lift and manipulate loads and weight plates up to 45 pounds.
- Maintain current certification/licensing requirements as required by the contract and the applicable state board of the AT. ATs are required to keep their CAF up-to-date with license/certification documentation.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.