SAIC is seeking an organized and motivated electrical engineer who will effectively support a fast-paced work environment. You will work at 28 Jacome Way, Middletown, RI, and/or the Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) Division Newport. You will be part of a collaborative team of engineers and support technicians working to bring a variety of electrical designs from the early concept stage all the way through fabrication.
You will need broad engineering skillsets, well-developed work habits, and an eagerness and enthusiasm for solving engineering challenges. Your projects will include the design, documentation and testing of a wide array of electrical and electronic systems in the areas of undersea defensive systems, torpedo test equipment, Automated Test Equipment (ATE), sonar electronics, analog, digital, and system design and other evolving tasking.
- You will design and test electronic systems for embedded underwater applications, custom data acquisition systems, and automated test hardware for land-based testing of naval systems.
- You will develop and execute test plans for new designs and document your results.
- You will design and document systems and circuits in OrCAD, Eagle, or Visio
- You will have powerful computer, software, and test equipment resources at your disposal to allow you to be effective and efficient in your job.
Candidates must demonstrate a history of excelling at multiple concurrent challenges and an eagerness and aptitude for learning new things.
- 2+ years of engineering design, analysis, and testing
DESIRED SKILLS IN SOME (NOT ALL) OF THESE AREAS
- Ability to interact directly with customers to extract requirements, generate a plan and report status.
- Electronic design in the area of power electronics, audio-band amplifiers and filtering, signal conditioning, and/or high-speed digital. Schematic entry using OrCAD Capture or Eagle.
- PCB design with Mentor Graphics PADS Layout, Cadence OrCAD PCB Designer, Altium, or Eagle.
- Experience creating technical data package quality drawings for electronic systems.
- Experience with MATLAB.
- FPGA experience using Vivado for Xilinx hardware (FPGAs, SOCs, MPSOCs etc.) or Quartus for Intel products.
- FPGA programming in languages such in VHDL and/or Verilog for functional design and simulation.
- Developing and executing test plans for electronic subsystems.
- Experience with soldering
- Hands on lab experience using oscilloscopes, function generators, network analyzers etc.
- Familiarity with System Engineering concepts
- Experience with ROVs, UUVs, AUVs, sonar, arrays, and transducers.
- Familiarity with National Instruments products including PXI, LabView, or CVI.Generate test plans, lead and execute the testing of analog & digital electronic systems including debugging of software.
- Must be highly motivated and have excellent problem solving skills.
- Must demonstrate strong organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently with changing deadlines and priorities.
- Must be able to work in a team environment while completing tasks in an unsupervised and self-directed fashion.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.