Job ID: 217718
Location: RICHMOND, VA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 25, 2021
Category: Business Development
Subcategory: Business Dev
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is looking for a Business Developement Director to support SAIC in Virginia.
Develops and establishes relationships between the company, strategic partners and customers. They identify, develop, and implement near-term and long-term business strategies that provides the business an opportunity to grow revenue. This family is also responsible for the maintenance of long-term relationships of a defined customer base to maintain a high level of satisfaction and increase SAIC revenues. They serve as the primary interface for all SAIC products and services by ensuring they understand the clients continuing business needs and align those needs with SAIC capabilities to provide full life-cycle solutions. Maintains direct contact with customers before and/or after the sale. Supports sales team by developing and maintaining positive customer relations with clients/customers, which can substantially affect service and/or product revenue(s). Works with various departments to meet maintenance services sales goals. Works with customers and/or distributors to receive accurate account of equipment failures and provides reports to management. Focus of work may be in pre-sale, post-sales, or both. These individuals have responsibility for a limited number of key accounts, or clients in a specific industry or region (e.g., Air Force, Treasury Dept., and NASA).
The successful candidate will:
Secondary responsibilities will include:
Required Education and Experience:
• Clearance Level Must Possess: None
• Clearance Level: Must be able to Obtain Public Trust, Agency Level Clearances
• U.S. Citizenship required
• Bachelors or 4 years’ experience in lieu of a degree and 17+ years of related experience. Masters in Business or Policy is a plus.
• A reputation for being able to build and work within high performance teams in a matrix-management environment
• Ability to communicate well with senior and executive management within a company and with key federal customers
• Ability and reputation of winning complex, prime integration services or systems engineering contract awards with values over $50M that meet and exceed challenging goals and quotas is required
• Five years of recent experience in Virginia including, business development, customer relationships, and an understanding of the buying trends of the agencies is considered an advantage.
• The successful candidate will be able to reference a portfolio of submittals and awards that include experience in all types of government contracts (FFP, T&M, Cost Plus) and full array of capture strategies (major re-competes, incumbent capture, sole source, etc.).
• Candidates must have highly effective interpersonal skills in order to carryout daily interactions with technical leaders and business executives within SAIC, with the customers, and with teammates and subcontractors.
• Past experience that demonstrates the ability to contribute to fast-paced business leadership teams will be a plus.
• This position is based in Virginia with a preference being in Richmond and will require business travel as needed for a geographically dispersed customer set.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.