SAIC is seeking a Data Architect to work in the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI). This position will work directly with the ODNI chief Data Officer to develop guidance for data standards, metadata guidelines, and the data architecture principles, standards, guidelines and concepts. This position will also look at developing architectural strategies for data modeling, design, and implementation to meet enterprise requirements objectives, starting with a common ODNI data architecture across the enterprise.
This position will be responsible and or participate in the following:
- Provide strategic direction and technical expertise to meet data architecture needs
- Serve as the subject matter expert to IC CDO Council working groups
- Contribute to the development of data policies, governance and implementation plans, and conceptual and logical data models
- Work to assess data architectures to determine overall effectiveness and compliance with data strategy, enterprise requirements, and objectives
- Review and comment on data solutions designed by IT project teams, and support requirements development
- Research the implementation of data standards for interoperability, quality, and entity and data attributes
- Manage the ODNI dataset inventory
- Current TS/SCI with CI Poly is required - we are not able to sponsor
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Data Architect, Data Engineer or related role developing conceptual, logical, and preliminary physical models for an enterprise.
- 14+ years of total professional experience in a technical setting
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or relevant STEM field
- Experience with programming languages like Python, Java, SQL and Cloud technologies
- Deep experience with database structure systems and data mining
- Knowledge of developing and using data standards comprising the format, representation, definition, structuring, manipulation, tagging, transmission, use, and management of data
- Experience developing and using metadata guidelines to tag data and use the tags as part of a data management strategy
- Experience assessing data solutions for compliance and conformance with guidelines and policies
- Understanding of the use and maintenance of data dictionaries, data models, and data maps in an enterprise business software environment
- Provide leadership for complex projects throughout the development of project work plans, milestone tracking, and coordination of efforts
- Aptitude to learn new technologies and communicate the business value of new technology solutions
- Excellent organizational and analytical abilities, and able to compile and organize statistical information retrieved and present findings to management
- Strong math and analytical skills are essential complete job requirements successfully
- Experience with Waterfall, Agile and Modern Delivery methodologies
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.