As part of the SAIC team, you will perform senior level support staff (Tier 2/3) administrative functions for the day-to-day operation of the federal customer's IT Network services environment. When required, escalate operational or technical concerns to federal SME(s) for the given infrastructure service or end user program area. Provides on-call coverage for all network assets within the area of operational responsibility.
- Network Implementation Support - Enterprise Wide
- Work locally or remotely with customer technical resources to perform installation, deployment, configuration, customization, and integration of new and existing network equipment and technologies in large offices, field offices and data centers or other large environments.
- Ensure all implementation and deployment support includes complete documentation including items such as equipment lists, rack elevation drawings, block diagrams, configuration records, environment diagrams, logical inventory spreadsheets, IP listings, standard operating procedures, implementation guides, update guides, and communications flow diagrams and /or firewall rules.
- In cases where a device is not syncing properly, help troubleshoot sync/polling issues. When necessary, escalate to customer SME(s).
- Network Operational Support - Enterprise Wide
- Execute and coordinate upgrades, patching, and operations of network infrastructure, including hardware, software, and network applications and services.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly checks and routine maintenance tasks such as version upgrades, configuration, operational tuning, and vendor patching for all network equipment in accordance with established policy and procedures.
- Recommend, plan, and execute configuration change(s) as required for operational requirements for the network routers, switches, firewalls, and appliances.
- Coordinate relevant support and troubleshooting activities with customer partners and vendors. This will include coordination with both private sector vendors and other Government agencies.
- Serve as first technical support escalation point from IOD Operations Center (IOC) for all network related support tickets.
- Create change requests in association with performing circuit upgrades/move/changes
- Assist in development of system alerts for monitoring of services within the IOD supported network and the associated hardware systems.
- Perform all functional checks, troubleshooting, operational and administration tasks on managed all network and network security infrastructure supporting IOD hosted services or transport to customers and external providers.
- Coordinate with the asset team to manage firewall licensing throughout the enterprise.
- Coordinate with customer federal staff and other agencies and vendors in the troubleshooting and problem identification of issues within the customer SCA and UTN network as related to the optimal communications within, and operation of the SCA network.
- Actively escalate all critical issues to customer federal staff in a timely manner, and coordinate problem identification and troubleshooting calls with all necessary parties.
- Work with vendors as required to resolve hardware and software OS failures for support of IOD systems.
- Ensure that all systems and infrastructure associated with this call order operate at the SLA availability percentage, this includes platforms, applications, and infrastructure.
- Configure VPNs per government specified security practices including configuring router and switch ports as part of a virtual network to support encryption or encapsulation, assigning IP addresses, and adjusting firewall rules.
- Provide a weekly report on overutilization of operational systems such as WAN links, server components, network routers and switches, based on specified thresholds to the identified location. Systems in imminent failure identified by tools or analysis will be identified to the federal POC and IOC immediately and a trouble ticket will be generated.
- Perform capacity management, performance tuning, and operating system optimization with other team members as required.
- Engage in review, analysis, troubleshooting and coordination with project managers, integrators, customers, and administrators of the above technologies.
- Configure devices to the appropriate DISA STIG (security technical implementation guide) or another approved hardening guide; respond to security audits or assessments and correct configurations to meet policy or standards.
- Perform technical evaluation and analysis to troubleshoot infrastructure hardware, software, or end user services using appropriate diagnostic tools, log review, and administrative consoles to determine root cause and remediation of service delivery issues or degradation.
- Monitor and assess the overall performance of the IOD IT services environment and providing recommendations for continuous improvement, to implement and/or to restore optimal performance.
- Participate in design and architecture projects and informational requests related to the customer network environment and provide potential risks for staffing (for example, IT Modernization initiatives such as End User Consolidation and the Network Modernization).
- Position will offer ability to work primarily remotely during Covid with flexibility for balanced remote work post-Covid.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field of study (ex. Computer Science, Information Management).
- Minimum of 3 years hands-on experience in Network Administration. Must include experience supporting network switches.
- Good interpersonal and communication (verbal and written).
- Experience in developing/implementing policies, plans and procedures.
- Must be able to solve business problems with available technology including hardware, software, databases, and peripherals.
- Valid Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNA) Routing & Switching Certfication
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.