SAIC is currently looking to hire a Software Functional Test Engineer to join our NSITE team located in Huntsville, AL.
The Network, System Integration and Test Environment (NSITE) is a Government owned, managed, and developed software suite under the Army S3I Indicium Project. NSITE is used by the Missile Defense Agency (MDA), Joint Services, and numerous labs in support of continued interoperability testing of systems employed for defense of the United States and our Allies. The NSITE software provides data collection, situational awareness, and analysis capabilities to a wide range of users who benefit from NSITE’s ability to act as an independent third-party truth teller. The Indicium Project has in-depth experience in Tactical Data Links (TDL), Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) Test, Enterprise Information Technology, Software and Systems Engineering and Information Assurance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop test documentation and conduct test cases to functionally test each software fix/change associated with correcting a software design deficiency or enhancement.
- Develop test documentation and conduct test cases to functionally test Cyber updates and patches associated with the NSITE software.
- Develop test documentation and conduct test cases to functionally test hardware used in conjunction with NSITE software.
- During the conduct of formal and informal tests, open problem reports in Team Foundation Server for each software implementation that does not comply with its associated software requirement, as verified during test.
- Interface directly with members of Software and Functional Test Teams, NSITE Development Team, NSITE Operations Team and NSITE Program Management to include software issues detected internally and fielded.
- Interface directly with members of Indicium Integrated Communications Engineering & Security (ICES) Team in matters of cyber security, hardware and lab testing.
- Actively participate in NSITE Formal Qualification Tests to perform functional testing and assist with software testing as required. Work with Software Quality Control (QC) personnel as required during testing.
- Actively participate in all team meetings to include all sprint kickoff, sprint retrospect, and daily and weekly standup meetings.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and five (5) years related experience
Clearance: Must have an Interim Secret to start with the ability to obtain a full Secret Security Clearance
- Security+ Certification or ability to obtain within 3 months of hire
- Strong Windows 10 OS configuration experience.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience configuring and using Internet Protocol (IP), Serial networks and Cisco networking equipment.
- Experience troubleshooting IP traffic utilizing Wireshark or Omnipeek software.
- Self-starter; able to function independently and in a team environment where priorities and assignments can quickly shift.
- Experience designing and writing both formal and informal test procedures.
- Experience Functionally Testing new computer hardware, NICs, switches, etc.
- Ability to write clear and concise software defect reports.
- Ability to function effectively in a dynamic environment with aggressive schedules.
- Familiarity with Tactical Interoperability Communications Data Links (6016, 3011, DIS, VMF, B Series, etc.).
- Functional understanding of tactical interoperability equipment to include Air Defense Systems Integrator (ADSI), Link Monitoring and Management Tool (LMMT), Joint Range Extension (JRE) or like systems.
- Network+ Certification.
- Familiarity with the NSITE Software.
- Software Functional Test experience to include Cyber/IA testing.
- UHF Tactical Radio operation experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Visio.
- Working knowledge of Agile Software Development processes and familiarity with JIRA Software.
- Experience using Microsoft Team Foundation Server.
- Experience operating and testing 3D graphical displays.
- Familiarity with the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) test planning and procedures.
- Familiarity with HBSS components and general information assurance practices.
- Familiarity with creating and understanding Visio diagrams.
Travel Required: Will require up to 10% travel.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.