SAIC is seeking a Data Management Project Manager (PM) to support several key data management projects within our enterprise Information Technology office (ITO). This position requires collaboration and partnership with team members and senior business leaders.
A successful candidate will be able to:
- Manage data management projects in accordance with an agile development disciplined project management lifecycle to include translating business requirements into use cases and user stories, manage and groom backlog, and conduct or participate in standard agile PI planning meetings and sprint retrospective meetings. Coordinate work with other PMs/Scrum masters and product owners across a portfolio of related Agile and non-Agile projects.
- Consult with senior business, data and technology leaders to provide solutions to business challenges and opportunities by applying critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Align teams working with business process architects, process owners, executive sponsors, business subject matter experts and others as necessary to achieve business results.
- Develop and maintain project schedule to include resource planning.
- Manage and track project risks. Work with the team to avoid or mitigate risk.
- Have experience in managing subcontractors (e.g. IT vendors / professional services) as needed to support overall project success.
- Ability to communicate complex technology, or any aspect of projects clearly and succinctly
- Coordinate with production support, database, security, and engineering teams, along with technology and consulting partners to ensure that data management project deliverables within completed within cost and schedule constraints.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline and 8+ years of relevant work experience. MBA or MS in Information Science preferred.
- Minimum of four years' experience in two or more of the following data management disciplines and technologies:
- Data discovery, capture and integration, data analytics, data governance workflow management, data modeling and metadata, models and meta data architecture, data profiling, data security, database design.
- Data catalog configuration, business glossary development, KPI development.
- ER Studio or ERWin, SQL Server, Power BI, Informatica, Oracle, SQL.
- Semantic web, ontologies and graph database concepts.
- Cloud Solutions: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, ADO.
- Data Governance/Catalog Tools including Collibra, Alation and Informatica AXON/EDC/IDQ.
- Experience in agile toolset such as Azure DevOps (ADO), Slack or Jira.
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant Project Management experience in IT environment.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Three or more years' experience in business transformation projects changing organizations work practices through technology.
- Scrum master and/or ITIL certifications.
- Tech management experience in Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology, DoD or Government contracting
- PMP certification or relevant PM training.
- Knowledge or awareness of NIST 800-171 controls and/or Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC).
- Experience in procurement of hardware, software, and/or professional services. subcontractors (e.g. IT vendors / professional services).
- This position may be remote in Reston, VA, Huntsville, AL, San Diego, CA, Andover, MA, or Orlando, FL with the ability to travel 10% of the time to these locations.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.