Job Description: This position provides project engineering support and related services a large, multi-developer software development effort program management office. Application of process improvement (PI), engineering methodologies, and principles to effectively improve and align Enterprise- level processes is expected. Applicant should be comfortable facilitating project teams in accomplishing project activities and objectives. The position requires coordination of the transfer of new processes and practices to project teams by providing group facilitation, interviewing, training and additional forms of knowledge transfer and functioning as a key coordinator between multiple project teams to ensure Enterprise-wide integration of engineering efforts.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or Education from an accredited school or university is required.
- Requires ten (10) years of experience with Process Improvement on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity. Experience is to include, within the past ten (10) years, five (5) years' experience in facilitation, training, methodology development and evaluation, process engineering across all phases of acquisition identifying best practices, change management, business management techniques, organizational development, activity and data modeling, or information system development methods and practices.
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- This is a full-time position requiring 1880 hours of support per year
Individual Capabilities/Experience Desired:
- Develop plans for process assessments, both informal and formal
- Work closely with the systems and software engineering process development team members to determine organizational readiness for assessment as well as in conducting assessments
- Coordinate and schedule process assessments
- Lead assessment teams in conducting both formal and informal assessments
- Analyze assessment results and make improvement recommendations
- Ensure assessment results and recommendations are used as the basis for improvement plans
- Assess Process Improvement progress and report findings
- Evaluate Systems Engineering and Software Engineering processes to address problems with process work flows, organizational structure and alignment and planning.
- Assist in defining Process Improvement strategy and lesson learns
- Conducts training sessions and workshops for Process Improvement activities
- Assist in Enterprise level Systems and Software Engineering Process Improvement initiatives
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to work within a team setting to complete assigned tasks within expected schedule to complete.
- Flexible/easily adaptable within a dynamic work environment that may require surge efforts.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.