JOB DESCRIPTION: SAIC is hiring an Embedded Software Engineer in Huntsville, AL The chosen candidate will be responsible for architecture, design, and development of embedded software for military systems.
ABOUT THE POSITION: Engineering duties will consist of design and development activities using software development tools including requirements management, UML modeling and configuration management applications to provide full software life cycle development (requirements analysis, design, code, integration, test, documentation and support) following CMMI processes. Engineers will participate in software team meetings, hardware and software design reviews; technical interchange meetings, and other management meetings as needed.
PRIMARY PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES: C/C++ developing software for real-time embedded systems.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related technical discipline is required.
- 5+ years of related software development experience is required.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance.
- Must have a strong knowledge of C/C++ and experience developing software for real-time embedded systems.
- Experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Design methods and the Unified Modeling Language (UML).
- Candidates should have knowledge of software development processes, documentation, and CMMI.
DESIRED SKILLS: Basic software engineering concepts should be understood: object-oriented programming and design, software configuration management, unit testing, validation. Software tools and developer environment experience a plus, including MS Visual Studio, Subversion, Test Track Pro, MatLab. Development experience with Agile and the Scrum framework is desired.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.