SAIC is currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Junior System Administrator to join our team in Arlington, VA, supporting the DISA-JSP customer.
Job duties include:
- The Junior System Administrator shall have a basic understanding of installing and configuring Windows operating systems.
- The candidate shall have working knowledge of network protocols, IP addressing, and virtual computing concepts.
- The candidate shall also provide assistance with the administration of networking equipment.
- Day to day operations and maintenance which include but not limited to; review of audit logs, creating backups of the data files, maintaining network equipment inventory
- Server/Workstation Security and maintenance updates
- Maintain system configuration documentation
- Maintain system process and procedure documentation
- Maintain virus definitions, patch versions and Department of Defense (DoD) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) levels on all network Servers, workstations and laptops
- Provide technical support and implementation for PBM network workstations and Virtual terminals
- Work with other team members to analyze and resolve user problems and perform preventative maintenance
- Provide installation support for network systems applications
- Monitor and maintain What’s Up Gold network monitoring software
- Support as needed DoD Information Assurance Risk Management Framework (DIARMF)
- Create and maintain images for workstations and laptops within SCCM
- Manage Active Directory, DHCP, and DNS
- This position requires an active DOD Top Secret clearance.
- Possess DoD 8570.01-M/DoD 8140 Certification IAW established mandate prior to start of work - IAT Level II required (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field; OR, High School equivalent and 4+ years of experience.
- Working knowledge of network protocols, IP addressing, and virtual computing concepts.
- IAT Level III is desirable (CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, GCIH).
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.