This position is for a Sr Network Analyst to support the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Next Generation IT Services IT Operations (NGITS) contract. The Sr. Network Analyst will be involved with network requirements, design, implementation, management, operation, troubleshooting, and refresh of the customer network: Monitoring customer network connectivity, health, and assets; Providing day-to-day management and operation for customer networks, Call Centers and Datacenters using multi-level communication; Making recommendations to optimize networks based on best practices; Proactively engaging with the customer to support customer needs, and emphasize increased customer satisfaction based on defined escalation process; Responding to customer requirements to ensure customer needs are met in a timely fashion; Providing day-to-day on-site support to end users, including Incident reporting and management; Troubleshooting and resolving issues from Layer 1 - Layer 7 and documenting resolution and procedures; Performing hardware and software refresh; Performing upgrade and patching of network devices.
· Serve as hands on Network Operations technical lead responsible for operating and maintaining LAN/WAN systems and components supporting data, voice, and/or audio communication activities for HHS.
- Install, configure, upgrade, operate, and maintain Cisco ISR router, Nexus Data Center, and Catalyst Switching systems, UPS, and cabling infrastructure at HHS Data Centers and office locations.
- Provide installation, configuration, and troubleshooting support for HHS network infrastructure systems such as Cisco ISE/NAC systems, Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers / Access Points, BigIP F5 Load Balancers, and Palo Alto / Checkpoint firewalls for HHS network infrastructure services.
- Provide Tier 2/3 troubleshooting support for service affecting LAN/WAN infrastructure incidents
- Perform packet capture and analysis to baseline network performance and/or troubleshoot performance issues.
- Utilize tools such as SolarWinds, Splunk, Cisco Prime and InfoBlox NetMRI to monitor and manage HHS network infrastructure systems.
- Manage incidents and requests using ServiceNow ticketing system as needed to meet customer needs and contract SLA requirements.
- Prepare and submit infrastructure change requests to the Engineering Review Board (ERB) for approval.
- Participate in customer facing meetings, conduct site surveys, perform assessments and document network configurations to meet user requirements.
- Create network drawings, cut sheets and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for storage/retrieval on shared document repository.
- Can be on-call as per the rotation for a week or two including weekends
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 years experience or 8 years relevant experience in all phases of Cisco LAN/WAN/WLAN Life Cycle network requirements, design, test and evaluation, implementation, refresh, management/operation, and traffic analyses.
- CCNA certification required. CCNP certification or other applicable certifications demonstrating strong level of networking knowledge also preferred
- Strong skills in Cisco routing and switching combined hands on experience with the following: Cisco Datacenter (Nexus, UCS, Catalyst products), Palo Alto, Checkpoint (Firewall, VPN technologies) Cisco ISE, Cisco WLAN, VLANs, Big IP F5 Load Balancers.
- Strong understanding of various WAN circuits/Metro Ethernet/Dark Fiber
- Knowledge of Spanning-tree STP, VLANs, Port Channels, Load balancing, SPAN, NAT, ACL, Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers, ISE, and WAPs
- Experience with Network management including monitoring, performance management, configuration management, asset management/inventory, etc. and with SNMPv3/v2/v1 network management tools, security management tools, traffic analysis tools.
- Experience with infrastructure management tools to include SolarWinds, Splunk, Cisco Prime Infrastructure, NetMRI InfoBlox, Netflow, Fluke, Wireshark, Gigamon and ServiceNow
- Knowledge and experience supporting firewall technologies, including IPS, Web Filtering, Application Control and HTTPS
- Able develop and maintain detailed documentation relating to procedures, processes and standards.
- Able to provide troubleshooting and support for network issues, perform fixes and document the procedures
- Self-starter with good interpersonal skills, team player, good oral and written communication, organizational skills, and good customer service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.