Job ID: 217529
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 23, 2021
Category: Business Development
Subcategory: Capture Mgmt
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a Capture Manager to focus on growth and capture initiatives within the NRO. The position is a direct report to the Business Development Lead, NRO account. The Capture Manager is responsible for directing and managing one (1) to four (4) pursuits, assuming primary ownership and accountability for the proposed solution maturation through the Corporate Business Development and Capture Management Processes to include teaming and price to win strategies for compliant and compelling proposals.
This position requires an active TS/SCI to start.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide leadership and execution of effective capture plans following established internal gates and using standard tools and processes – with emphasis on win strategies – themes, value propositions, teaming, etc.
• Position requires effective management and leadership of capture teams. Communicating resource needs and leveraging resources assigned is critical to the success of every capture manager; collaborating with subject & technical matter experts, functional leads, and Program Managers
• Gathers, assesses, and validates customer requirements
• Assess probable competition and evaluates relative strengths and threats -- conducts Black-hats, competitive scenarios, etc.
• Translate requirements into robust win strategy, carefully tested and validated, and advances strategy to management and technical design with strong value proposition and differentiated bid elements based on compelling features and benefits
• Collaborates effectively with internal teams and external partners to sustain operational excellence, resolve conflicts, and achieve customer satisfaction
• Identifies gaps and develops strategies to overcome weaknesses and mitigate risks
• Conducts and participates in gate, pricing, teaming, and capture reviews; leads and documents lessons learned
• Leads and negotiates teaming agreements and strategic alliances
• Manages assigned pipeline (portfolio of opportunities) as the opportunity owner
• Drives development and completion of critical bid artifacts required for proposal development; ensures integrity of win strategy through supporting role in color reviews; supports assigned Proposal Manager/Director by assisting with development of compliant and compelling bids
• Assumes accountability for advancing and maturing opportunities toward high win probability
• Bachelor's degree or higher in relevant business, technical, or professional field of study with 9+ years of experience. Relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
• Active TS/SCI
• 5 years of capture management or related business experience in Intelligence and/or Space sector.
• Knowledge, experience, and success in capture process are required and demonstrable understanding of all contract types (non-IDIQ, IDIQ - single or multiple award contracts), as well as payment types (e.g., FFP, T&M, cost plus) is expected
• Ability to work and execute a quick reaction process for Task Order identification, customer engagement and Task Order proposal response
• Ability to influence constructively and interact at the highest levels of the corporate structure is a prerequisite
• Proficient and proven ability in capture management based on industry best practices
• Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and business acumen
• Confidence and experience dealing with senior executives; ability to work effectively in fast-paced, time sensitive, and often multi-tasking environment
• Ability to travel, as necessary in support of the capture
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.