SAIC is seeking a Web/UI Designer to support our customer in Arnold, MO. This role will join a multi-faceted team of Systems Admins, Governance, Product Owners, UX Researchers, and Web Developers to enhance customer websites, intranet, and tools. Candidate must be comfortable working in a team and utilizing user research to guide designs.
Duties may include:
- Create designs for complex client web and mobile applications utilizing current industry programming techniques.
- Partner with internal and external teams and application users to conceptualize, design, and prototype excellent user experiences while maintaining functionality and simple workflows.
- Participate in design activities to identify new product ideas and to optimize existing products.
- Research and implement modern web technologies to create innovative user interfaces and improve workflow efficiency.
- Develop and share recommendations on industry best practices on information architecture, user experience, accessibility compliance, and use of graphics, mobile optimization, responsiveness and other web best practices.
- Develop estimates on scope and duration of work required for individuals or team(s) to deliver client requirements.
- Design new user-facing products by transforming an idea from scientific presentations to websites to online productivity tools.
- Utilize the DevOps systems and tools (Git, Jenkins, etc.) to ensure compliant code and ensure best practices.
- Build efficient, reusable libraries of design information for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Identify and troubleshoot customer issues on NGA’s content management system (permissions, api, web parts)
- Collaborate with UI/UX team members during design and content reviews to refine user experiences.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure best practices.
- Apply results of web usability testing (e.g., usability studies, creation of user profiles or personas, participatory design, surveys, heuristic evaluations, and cognitive walkthroughs) to development of applications and web sites.
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience implementing front-end, user experience design and development.
- Demonstrated experience applying best practices for web accessibility, usability, and technical implementation.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining a web and/or CMS applications.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience implementing industry standards for user experience methodologies, design technical resources, and web best practices.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience developing in cloud-based DevOps environment.
- Minimum 1 year experience with business workflow and appropriate capabilities/tools (e.g. JIRA, etc.).
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Target salary range: $135,001 - $145,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.