Job ID: 217364
Location: ANNAPOLIS JUNCTION, MD, United States
Date Posted: Aug 16, 2021
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a Systems Solutions Engineer to join our team. SAIC provides specialized analysis, engineering, design, and operations support to a variety of Intelligence Community (IC) and Department of Defense (DoD) customers. We support development of next generation and generation after next national security systems based on land, at sea, in air, and in space.
The Systems/Solutions Engineer serves as the technical lead in support of Business Development, Capture and Proposal teams, identifying, tailoring and integrating technical capabilities and innovations to address customer needs, shape acquisitions, and contribute to winning proposals. Leveraging their technical expertise, the Systems/Solutions Engineer develops comprehensive understanding of customer requirements and leads the development of highly rated, and price competitive technical solutions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Leading technical solution teams responsible for developing technical solution to customer requirements in support of new business pursuits.
• Working with SAIC technical subject matter experts to tailor SAIC capabilities and services to meet customer and program needs.
• Engaging with teaming partners and vendors to integrate their products and services into our proposed solutions.
• Supporting Capture Managers with teaming, win strategy, pricing, staffing, and proposal development.
• Communicating SAIC capabilities and vetting solutions with customers to shape new business opportunities and create discriminators that lead to improved win probability.
• Telework with ability to travel to Annapolis Junction, MD, Chantilly, VA or other locations as needed in support of customer engagements, solution development and proposal efforts.
• Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or similar technical discipline and 14 years or more related experience. Masters and 12 years or more experience; PhD 9 years or more experience.
• Ability to effectively communicate in written and oral form and facilitate technical discussions.
• Active TS/SCI clearance with ability to obtain and maintain a Poly.
• ITIL, PMP, and/or CISSP certification.
• Translating customer needs, objectives and requirements into technical solution concepts, approaches and integrated products, capabilities and services
• Supporting labor and cost estimates (basis of estimates/bill of materials) and delivery schedules (roadmaps/integrated master schedule) for implementing technical solutions
• Leading, writing, or evaluating contractor proposals for new or incumbent business opportunities
• Working for or with Signals Intelligence collection, processing and analysis customers/programs, preferably for the DoD client in Annapolis Junction, MD.
• Technical domains areas of Mission Application Development and Modernization, IT Infrastructure Services, Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I), Cybersecurity, Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, or IT Service Management
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.