SAIC’s National Security and Space (NSS) Sector is seeking a GEOINT Radar Subject Matter Expert (SME) to provide Systems Engineer Technical Advisor (SETA) services for a critical position on the LANDMARK AOS program. LANDMARK AOS is a large SETA contract, supporting the customer’s Ground Enterprise Directorate (GED), responsible for the acquisition of systems over the complete end-to-end life cycle. This position is located in Chantilly, VA, however alternate locations are considered.
In this role, you will provide technical support to facilitate the development of GEOINT capabilities cooperatively with development contractors and mission partners to optimize mission success. The Radar SME Engineer will actively perform engineering and analysis to ensure programs successfully develop and deliver core mission processing services in all phases of the acquisition life cycle.
Key functions include:
- Interface directly with development Prime Contractors in the role of oversight, monitoring of software development and integration activities and ensuring alignment with Government requirements and objectives
- Retain cognizance of a wide variety of GEOINT mission processing projects including, technical baseline, project schedules, dependencies, risks and cost
- Advise Senior and Mid-Level managers on architectural decisions to include investment strategies, acquisition portfolio priorities, risk assessment of project execution
- Conduct Strategic planning for both mission architecture needs (technical trade studies, definition of future architecture planning, software service recommendations etc.) and programmatic (Program Budget Guidance, cost estimation, generation of acquisition schedules)
- Developing Concepts of Operations (CONOPS) for new capabilities and coordinating them across the affected organizations
- Developing enterprise, system, functional, performance, and interface requirements
- Accomplish performance assessment and provide estimates of cost, schedule and risk impacts to existing Ground architecture implementations
- Provide technical and cost assessment of vendor proposals, review technical reports, design artifacts and program plans
You will work side-by-side with the other LANDMARK AOS staff comprised of world class System Engineers, Acquisition Engineers and Domain Experts to lead the customer in acquiring modern processing applications.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
- TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- 5+ years’ experience with IC, DoD, and/or commercial space architectures, systems and/or operations.
- Experience in Radar phenomenology specific to collection and processing methodology
- Experience in Radar systems to include tasking, command & control, collection, mission processing, or dissemination
- Experience in requirements development and definition activities
- Domain knowledge in Ground Software, Space Development Programs or Mission Operations programs
- Strong organizational, time-management, and verbal / written communication skills, able to convey information across multiple customer and corporate audiences
- Bachelor’s STEM degree from an accredited institution.
- Advanced degree from an accredited institution
- Experience with signal processing and system architecting in the areas of SAR space based systems
- Experience with current and future Radar satellite, airborne, and ground collection systems to include current and future processing capabilities
- Working knowledge of the operations of GEOINT and associated scheduling, tasking and/or mission management functions
- Understanding of advancements in Artificial Intelligence (AI) / Machine Learning (ML) capabilities
- Demonstrable understanding of planning, scheduling and mission management technologies
- Experience working within or closely with Acquisition Offices; SETA and/or SE&I experience
- Specific experience in support of Intelligence Community's (IC) GEOINT systems and capability development.
- Experience with Agile development programs
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.