JOB DESCRIPTION - Program Manager, Sr/Chief Engineer:
- Responsible for the successful cost, schedule, and performance of the contract
- Serve as the main point of contact for the Contracting Officer (CO), the Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR), the Government Program Manager, and the Contractor’s senior management
- Directly contribute to program efforts in several areas, including cost management/avoidance, schedule estimation and tracking, contract performance management, risk management, requirements analysis, and quality assurance activities
- Ensure proper performance of tasks necessary to ensure the most efficient and effective execution of the contract
- Develops and maintains program management documentation, including, Service Asset and Configuration management, Change management, IT Service Continuity management, Capacity management, Availability management, and Service Level management documentation
- 18 years experience with procurement support, including support to the development of customer needs statements, Requests for Information (RFIs), Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Request for Quotes (RFQs); the development and coordination of procurement and delivery schedules with destination locations and installation teams to have goods delivered in a timely fashion; and the provision of asset and configuration information for procured goods. ANSI/ISO/ASQ Q9001-2008, “Quality management Systems Requirements Standard,” 2008.
- Experience in implementing Earned value management systems in compliance with ANSI/EIA 748-B "Earned Value Management", 2007
- Experience in implementing configuration management processes in accordance with ANSI/EIA-649, "National Consensus Standard for Configuration Management", 1 February 1999
- Expertise in property management in compliance with ASTM E2131-16, ”Standard Practice for Addressing and Reporting Losses of Tangible Property,” 1 April 2016, ASTM E2132-11, “Practice for Inventory Verification: Electronic and Physical Inventory of Assets,” 1 December 2011, and ASTM E2279 – 15, “Standard Practice for Establishing the Guiding Principles of Property Asset Management,” 1 January 2015
- Expertise in platform service management: Working knowledge of ISO 20000, Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology (COBIT) and IT Service Capability Maturity Model (IT-CMM).
- Mandatory Certification: PMP or equivalent certification
- Highly Desired Certification: ITIL v.3 professional certification
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.