SAIC is looking for a Launch Systems Integration Engineer to support the Space & Launch Division, Integration-Test-Launch Branch. This requires an expert with broad experience with launch service acquisition and the integration, test, and launch of complex space systems. The candidate will understand and process programmatic risk and provide advice on navigating the challenges associated with planning for, integrating, and launching on existing and future launch vehicles. The selected candidate will be an integral participant in launch systems engineering, planning, and execution. Candidate should be experienced in integration of spacecraft to launch vehicles and the design and implementation of mission peculiar hardware, CONOPs, and other solutions. Candidate should be knowledgeable of space and launch system development and operations.
- Analyze existing and new launch vehicle interfaces, environments, accommodations, CONOPs, schedules, etc., to understand and inform on risk and impacts on integrated mission performance
- Identify risks and develop mitigation plans for the spacecraft transport, launch site processing, launch integration, and launch operations
- Support the customer in the oversight of the design, integration and test of spacecraft and integration onto launch vehicles
- Provide expert advice and coordination concerning launch site processing, planning, integration and test, and launch execution
- Assess compatibility of existing and new launch vehicles with satellite requirements
- Review integration specifications for accuracy and ensure documentation is complete and accurate
- Review satellite and launch vehicle verification requirements, plans and evidence: provide comments and advice to the contractor and/or government
- Review drawings, documents, and procedures for hardware design, manufacturing, integration, program planning and execution: provide comments to the contractor and/or government
- Track development issues, significant accomplishments and upcoming events and provide weekly status updates to the customer
- Identify and assess emerging risks; develop and evaluate proposed burn-down plans
- Review prime contractor readiness to proceed into satellite transportation, launch site processing, integration, test, and launch
- Coordinate with payload subsystem and space vehicle leads, branch chiefs and division chiefs both within Space & Launch Division and outward to Systems Engineering & Integration Division, Advanced Plans Branch in support of new payload and payload subsystem initiatives
- Provide support to satellite transportation, processing, integration and launch as required by the customer
- Attend IT&L Branch meetings as appropriate at the request of the customer to coordinate support activities
- Attend contractor milestone reviews (e.g. PDR, CDR, pre-test, pre-ship, and other meetings) to provide technically based recommendations regarding IT&L related reviews and associated entrance/exit criteria
- Provide support to launch site integration and test activities as required
- Develop productive relationships with prime contractor counterparts, functional counterparts, and other launch vehicle, launch site, and satellite subject matter experts
- Advise and mentor government IT&L personnel regarding launch systems integration and satellite IT&L
- Other duties as specified by the customer
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors degree and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters degree and twelve (12) years or more experience
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.