SAIC is seeking a Systems Engineer Principal to support our Maritime EW Program in Crane, IN.
- Performs Systems Engineering activities related to Engineering including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecture, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system & op. performance analysis, Life-cycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis and physical configuration analysis (PCA) .
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications.
- Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- From an information technology perspective, may be concerned with floor layout, power & cooling, data storage, infrastructure management, backup, monitoring, operating systems, directory services, identity management, access management, and automation.
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field.
- General knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives.
- Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance.
- Work is reviewed by management to measure whether objectives have been met.
- Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organization objectives.
- Works under only general direction.
- Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Contributes to completion of specific programs and projects.
- Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
- Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represents organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
- This position will require interface and collaboration with DoD personnel, and other engineers to interpret requirements and develop the models necessary to capture, track and provide life cycle management of the system requirements. Note the models are classified and must be able to obtain a DoD clearance.
- Demonstrate practical lifecycle systems engineering experience which includes stakeholder needs definition, system requirements definition and management; system architecture, analysis and design; integration, test, and verification; and, system performance assessment.
- Have an understanding of DoD Systems Engineering processes and requirements.
- Have a good grasp of MBSE and SysML to effectively communicate system structure, behavior, requirements, and provide parametric analyses to various M&S stakeholders
- Have familiarity with MBSE tools (Cameo MagicDraw, IBM Rational Rhapsody, etc
- Have the ability to work as a team player who understands the importance of teamwork, collaboration, and open communication, including a willingness to occasionally work in a pair-programming environment
- Help develop and ensure system requirements validation and verification methods are captured in the Descriptive System Model.
- Help develop software models in particular external interfaces and sequences
- Help interface system model with analytical tool e.g. MATLAB, Python, etc.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience. Preferred degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering. MS is preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in system/software modeling.
- Experience supporting DOD (Desired)
- Candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain a Full DOD Secret Clearance.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.