SAIC is seeking an innovative Programs Director that will need to be an impactful, dynamic, forward-thinking, and a strategic change agent in Application Modernization. This leader with keen business acumen will lead the execution of current Army application programs and the development of a future Army Applications Modernization portfolio. This position will be a direct report to the Vice President Army IT/C5ISR Account. The successful candidate understands the missions of the respective Agencies and their cultures, organizational components, leadership, major programs and their challenges. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the Army IT Team to execute the responsibilities outlined below.
This role offers temporary work from home/ remote/ virtual work at home due to COVID-19. Eventually the work will go back on site in Reston, VA.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Plan and facilitate the execution of an Army Applications Modernization portfolio with a focus on Agile development, DevSecOps, app migration to the cloud, data analytics and business intelligence to support Army activities focused on modernizing existing and/or developing new software capabilities
- Engage with existing programs (SAIC or Government/Army IT programs) to understand current execution and identify improvement opportunities and/or a new strategic directions regarding Application Modernization
- Assist with program proposals to guarantee uninterrupted delivery of support; coordinating efforts with supporting organizations including contracts, procurement, project control, finance, accounting, and human resources
- Work with the Government customer to develop and maintain budgets and plans for the program and brief SAIC leadership and the Government customer on program cost, schedule, performance and risk
- Manage the execution of ongoing application development and sustainment programs and produce accurate timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle
- Execute measureable year over year growth. This will be done by remaining ahead of developmental issues in the application modernization market (data migration or archival)
- Provide oversight and direction, along with coach, teach and mentor diverse individual team members, Project Managers and Program Managers
- Regular interaction across all levels of management. Interactions may involve controversial situations, customer negotiations, or influencing and persuading other senior level managers that result in the best business outcomes
- Creating and maintaining a collaborative environment conducive to the professional growth and development of staff and the free flow of information throughout the entire organization
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and eighteen (18) years or more of related experience; Masters and sixteen (16) years or more of related experience.
- At least 10 years of Program Management experience involving; application modernization, sustainment, planning, and reporting
- Expert level knowledge and skills in Agile development, DevSecOps and Cloud migration products
- Proven track record of identifying, qualifying, winning and executing major programs
- Experience leading a portfolio of business between $75M - $100M in annual revenue
- The candidate must have a reputation for being able to build and work within high performance
- Candidates must have highly effective interpersonal skills in order to carry-out daily interactions with technical leaders and business executives within SAIC, with the customers, and with teammates and subcontractors
- Ability to analyze data and identify application modernization trends
- Ability to deep dive into emerging technologies and trends and then communicate implications and recommendations at an executive and strategic level
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize tasks; problem solving skills; self-starter; detail oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio and Power Point
- Active Secret Clearance
- Five (5) years professional-level experience in the Army Acquisition Corps (AAC) Extensive experience working Army or DOD application development & sustainment programs
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.