This position is responsible for the day-to-day support and administration of ServiceNow Service Asset and Configuration management related environment as well as frontline support for teams using this data. They will collaborate with many teams to design, implement and maintain a best of breed Configuration Management System (CMS) enabling the Agency's multi-service-provider ecosystem to operate together efficiently, make informed decisions, and deliver innovation and benefits to allow the Agency to scale with the unprecedented growth and future of the enterprise. Responsibilities include system administration and development to maintain, update, test, and deliver a trusted and unified Configuration Management Database (CMDB). A successful candidate will have a history of providing exceptional customer service, working independently, and a strong foundation in ITSM best practices.
This is a remote position.
- Responsible to populate and update data in the CMDB, ensure data quality, and manage the overall lifecycle of CIs
- Provide the customer with ServiceNow development Best-Practices Advice and assist in their implementation
- Conduct Technical Analysis on the ServiceNow applications and modules
- Develop ServiceNow Design Documentation
- Develop User Stories for ServiceNow releases
- Perform ServiceNow Application Configuration
- Develop Custom Code for ServiceNow application modules
- Code and configure interfaces between ServiceNow and other systems
- Create and update Documentation for ServiceNow code and configurations
- Expertise in ServiceNow (Paris release)
- Analyzing the standard processes and then identifying gaps and recommendations for closing gaps for the use of the CMDB.
- Work with teams and other stakeholders across the enterprise to understand Configuration Item tracking needs and deliver value added outcomes in coordination with EUS's ServiceNow platform team.
- Drive solutions to understand use cases and requirements for initiatives relating to modernization, service analytics, remote support automation, automatic incident creation, event-triggered diagnostics, and etc.
- Utilize proven development experience in process automation application customization using scripting, forms, lists, tables, Business Rules, UI Scripts, Workflows, Flow Designer, etc. to deliver solutions that meet requirements.
- Prioritize what data goes into the CMDB and configure the policies and business rules to provide accurate and reliable data about digital services and the infrastructure that supports them.
- Comfortable operating in a collaborative team-oriented environment, while also being able to lead as an individual contributor, enabling communication, defining your own tasks to achieve the program's milestones timely, working with low supervision and promoting change as initiatives roll out.
- Mid-Server Configuration (to facilitate REST calls); CMDB configuration and integration.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required; functions and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
- This will include performing data maintenance, data change reconciliation, data quality audits, and troubleshooting of problems encountered in the automated discovery process. They will also be involved in the development of procedures and process to maintain data quality which will be used for continuing configuration data management.
Required Education, Experience, Skills, & Attributes
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; additional experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Three (3) or more years of related customer-facing IT experience
- Self-starter who completes tasks without excessive supervision
- Mid-Server Configuration (to facilitate REST calls); CMDB configuration and integration w/third party tools
- Experience with Service Management and configuration management
- Ability to understand business needs and translate them to functional / technical requirements
- Understanding of data structures, databases, and event management
- Certified ServiceNow Administrator w/2+ years of ITSM, ITOM, ITAM, CMDB development experience
- ITIL v4 Foundation certification
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- ServiceNow Integration Hub Specialist
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.