Job ID: 217019
Location: NEWPORT, RI, United States
Date Posted: Sep 25, 2021
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Engineering Technician
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is looking for one or more experienced Systems, Mechanical, or Electrical, or Manufacturing Technicians to provide support to the Naval Undersea Warfare Center Division Newport; other US Navy Warfare Centers, laboratories, and Naval Sea Systems Command Program Offices; specifically with:
Candidates will be responsible to work in a team environment with government and SAIC engineers to design, development, test and implement modern systems for the U.S. Navy.
- Develop business case, requirements, system definition and system architectures for design and development efforts
- Perform component and architecture trade studies to determine optimal system solutions
- Participate in various technical and program meetings
- Assist in the development/review of all engineering documentation
- Perform analysis and updates to baseline changes for Platform Systems as they are designed or modified
- Ability to read design documents, generate high-level interface block diagrams, and produce innovative designs incorporating commercial equipment, to support the development of new technologies, design and operational concept development and analysis of advanced development concepts
- Understand risk assessments and apply sound risk management practices
- Ability to work to an overall Integrated Master Schedule
- Develop system life cycle documentation for concept design, requirements engineering, system architecture, system design and development, System Integration, Test & Evaluation and Transition Operation and Maintenance efforts
- HS Diploma
- Candidates will have a range of experience in Navy undersea programs. Interested in both junior technicians and those with direct experience supporting programs in industry or the Government.
- Experience/knowledge of system engineering processes related to US Navy undersea systems and platforms.
- Position requires U.S. Citizenship and an active DOD SECRET or higher security clearance with the US government.
- Experience/knowledge of land-based test equipment/applications.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.