Job ID: 217014
Location: NEWPORT, RI, United States
Date Posted: May 10, 2021
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is looking for one or more experienced Systems, Mechanical, or Electrical, or Manufacturing Engineers to provide support to the Naval Undersea Warfare Center Division Newport; other US Navy Warfare Centers, laboratories, and Naval Sea Systems Command Program Offices; specifically with:
Candidates will be responsible to work in a team environment with government and SAIC engineers to design, development, test and implement modern systems for the U.S. Navy.
- Develop business case, requirements, system definition and system architectures for design and development efforts
- Perform component and architecture trade studies to determine optimal system solutions
- Participate in various technical and program meetings
- Assist in the development/review of all engineering documentation
- Perform analysis and updates to baseline changes for Platform Systems as they are designed or modified
- Ability to read design documents, generate high-level interface block diagrams, and produce innovative designs incorporating commercial equipment, to support the development of new technologies, design and operational concept development and analysis of advanced development concepts
- Understand risk assessments and apply sound risk management practices
- Ability to work to an overall Integrated Master Schedule
- Develop system life cycle documentation for concept design, requirements engineering, system architecture, system design and development, System Integration, Test & Evaluation and Transition Operation and Maintenance efforts
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering field.
- Candidates will have a range of experience in Navy undersea programs. Interested in both junior engineers and those with direct experience supporting programs in industry or the Government.
- Experience/knowledge of system engineering processes related to US Navy undersea systems and platforms.
- Position requires U.S. Citizenship and an active DOD SECRET or higher security clearance with the US government.
- Experience/knowledge of land-based test equipment/applications.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.