Duties and responsibilities:
SAIC is currently looking for an experienced Systems Engineering Manager to support launch system SE&I activities for the Launch Enterprise (ECL) at SMC. This position is located at Los Angeles AFB, CA. Key aspects of this oversight will include the following:
- Requirements Management
- Technical Baseline Management
- Launch Vehicle Acquisition Support
- Launch Mission Assurance activities, in cooperation with FFRDC
- Launch Scheduling and Mission Assignments
- Coordination with launch vehicle providers, satellite developers, associate contractors, FFRDC, and launch site teams
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of engineers supporting Falcon launch vehicle activities (SpaceX) in support to US Space Force
- Responsibilities may include conceptual thinking, designing and developing plans, processes, procedures, functional and data requirements analysis, complex system analysis, documentation preparation for complex systems, and operational support of these systems, and managing and tracking health and integrity of launch service provider communication & telemetry networks.
- Lead activities based on sound engineering and acquisition practices
- Elicit and refine customer requirements
- Ensure designs fully support requirements and are consistent with customer budget, schedule, risk profile and organizational/system constraints
- Formulating and enforcing work standards, reviewing work discrepancies, supervising contractor schedules, supervising contractor personnel and communicating policies, purposes and goals of the organization to subordinates.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering or Bachelor's Degree in STEM field
- Ten (10) years or more as system engineer, technical PM, or other related areas
- Ten (10) years or more experience working with launch service providers; preferrably at least three (3) years expereince working with SpaceX
- Experience in leading small to medium entities composed of administrative and technical professionals who have been involved in analyzing, designing, developing, integrating, training, testing, documenting, implementing and maintaining complex systems and/or processes.
- Clearance level: Secret - TS/SCI
- Participated with senior managers to establish plans and objectives
- Ability to recommend/make decisions on administrative or project work matters and ensures effective achievement of program, project, or organizational objectives\
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- Work proficiently on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious
Desired Technology Experience
- Launch Vehicles and Subsystems (Avionics, Propulsion, Structures)
- Space and Ground systems
- Launch Site activities
- Model-Based Systems Engineering/Digital Engineering
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.