SAIC has an opportunity for an IT Hardware Technician in Oklahoma City, OK!
- Candidates will be a key part of a team of IT professionals who provide hardware and software support for the FAA.
- Duties include diagnosing and resolving user reported issues including desktops, laptops, network connectivity, Windows OS issues and much more.
- Applicant will provide tasks such as preparing end user devices for deployment, installing and configuring equipment, troubleshooting issues, and managing ticket queues.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written are required for customer interactions.
- Strong initiative, teamwork and problem solving skills are also required.
- Handle service inquiries and problems to include performing customer support activities involving the installation, modification, and repair of desktop PC, telephone, and peripheral equipment and systems.
- Conducts installation and testing of equipment to ensure proper working order.
- Isolates equipment start-up malfunctions and takes corrective action.
- May make technical presentations and has a strong knowledge of products.
- Represents the company in a customer support role and is responsible for customer's satisfaction with equipment and servicing.
- Use remote control tools to assist end users when needed
- Build and configure PCs and laptops for deployment to users
- Loading and configuring end user device software
- Create and/or update tickets with details of worked performed to restore service or satisfy customer request in ticket tracking system
- Act as Tier II agent when additional subject matter expertise is required, performing analysis and actions at the direction of higher Tiered support agents, as required
- Work with the customer, users, and other supporting engineers to effectively analyze user requirements, user stories, and operations concepts and apply IT solutions to identified issues
- Act as a technical resource to others to resolve problems, errors, or other related issues
- Anticipate customer needs and proactively identifies solutions
- Provide feedback and insight to enable development of user training guides and videos
Required Education, Certifications, & Experience
- High School and eleven (11) years experience performing in a technical role; AA Degree in related discipline and seven (7) years related experience; OR, Bachelors Degree in related discipline and three (3) years related experience.
- HDI-DAST Certification or the ability to obtain a HDI-DAST certification within 60 days of hire.
- Prior Help Desk Support / Desktop Support experience
- Windows 10 experience
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision and professionally represent the program
- Highly motivated individual willing to learn and apply new concepts, tools, and software
- Good verbal and written communication skills, especially with other organizations
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting
- Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance prior to starting work.
- A+, or other technical certification
- Customer friendly attitude
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.