Job ID: 216806
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: May 26, 2021
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a Technical Lead for SmallSat R&D to join our team. SAIC provides specialized analysis, engineering, design, and operations support to a variety of Intelligence Community (IC) and Department of Defense (DoD) customers. We support development of next generation and generation after next national security systems based on land, at sea, in air, and in space.
SAIC has an opening for a Technical Lead for SmallSat R&D to lead a team of analysts, engineers, and technical advisors to an IC systems and technology research and development (R&D) customer.
• Define and lead technical review and assessment of transformational Small Satellite (SmallSat) spacecraft concepts, architectures, systems, technologies, interfaces, and operations.
• Advise USG on issues of applicability and feasibility of relevant technologies to future SmallSat spacecraft, mission payloads, communication systems, ground systems, launch systems, and operations concepts.
• Define and guide analysis of alternatives to optimize performance and improve understanding of system, technology, and architecture trades. Identify key risks and gaps to help ensure mission success.
• Define and lead creation of deliverables required (including technical and programmatic assessments provided through oral briefings and/or written reports) presenting analysis, results, conclusions, and recommendations. Brief USG and industry, as requested.
• Provide technical and programmatic advisory support to acquisition planning, source selection, and related programmatic processes including development of acquisition support documents.
• Serve in primary leadership role to oversee and coordinate multiple vendor development, testing, and integration activities to deliver integrated solutions that meet USG requirements.
• Active TS/SCI with polygraph.
• Bachelor’s degree in science, technology, engineering, and/or mathematics (STEM) with minimum of 14 years of relevant experience or 12 years with master’s degree.
• Demonstrated technical management and leadership ability.
• Technical understanding of systems engineering and integration of satellite systems, mission payloads, ground systems, communication systems, and launch systems.
• High quality critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
• Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills needed to lead and facilitate team collaboration, group discussion, and oral presentations.
• Practical application experience in use of DoD Architecture Framework (DODAF).
• Versatile understanding of the systems engineering lifecycle and systems engineering Vee as it pertains to IC R&D acquisition.
• Technical familiarity with the following:
Automated Target Recognition (ATR) and Artificial intelligence (AI) implementation
Automated mission management, sensor management, and processing management functions
Distributed computing and data fusion
Modeling & Simulation
Satellite bus, payload, and ground systems design, development, integration, and deployment
• Desire and ability to actively participate in USG customer enterprise research and learning environment with objectives to create, gather, and share knowledge to grow organizational competency and capability.
• Demonstrated understanding of the intelligence mission.
• Basic knowledge of intelligence organizations, disciplines, systems, and processes.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.