SAIC is seeking a Facilities Engineer who will provide facility support involving maintenance, repair, documentation, upgrade, and operation of equipment and systems to facilities infrastructure at a DoD High Performance Computing (HPC) Data Center located at Wright Patterson AFB in Ohio.
- Develop requirements and specifications (Statements of Work) for facility infrastructure to include electromechanical subsystems, transmission, and power distribution and review/evaluate proposals of electrical and mechanical drawings & designs by outside vendors.
- Develop facility engineering requirements, documentation, operational system testing and evaluation (planning and execution).
- Conduct technical research to determine feasibility, budgetary cost and time required to install large scale computer systems and compatibility with current infrastructure.
- Develop/maintain documentation to operate all data center facility equipment according to established procedures.
- Schedule and oversee periodic inspections and routine maintenance of all data center facility infrastructure equipment.
- Determine classification, location, updating drawings according to machine unit specification (MUS) information.
- Understand facility cooling and power requirements.
- Perform periodic minor installation/repair work of the site’s facility infrastructure to include electrical whips, small motors, etc.
- Analyze and resolve mechanical and electrical problems within the data center.
- Supervise sub-contractors and ensure all necessary preventative maintenance and emergency repairs are scheduled and performed.
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly inspections and maintenance of infrastructure supporting data center operations.
- Respond to facilities emergencies as required, including on-call after hours.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma and ten (10) years or more of related experience; OR Associates and eight (8) years or more of related experience; OR Bachelors and six (6) years or more of related experience; OR Masters and four (4) years or more experience; OR PhD and 0 years related experience.
- 5 years + of relevant experience (experience with power, electrical and mechanical equipment including generators, critical and essential PDUs, UPS, switchgear, Air handling units, computer grade cooling systems, Chillers, CRAC / CRAH Units, fire suppression systems and building monitoring/control systems.
- Must have knowledge of building systems operation and ability to read and understand blueprints with emphasis on power distribution, HVAC, mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Strong written/verbal skills with internal and external teams, vendors, subcontractors.
- Ability to produce/update electrical and mechanical as-built drawings using AutoCAD and MS Visio.
- Knowledge of industry standards, building codes and safety standards.
- Must currently possess a secret clearance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.