SAIC is seeking a Cyber Threat Analyst to analyze cyber threat intelligence, model potential threat vectors, and assess potential program risks through the entire project and program life cycle for an exciting and innovative complex space and ground effort. The successful candidate will work both independently and in a team based environment to document and present findings, both orally and written, as well as conduct analysis of alternatives for appropriate mitigation selection.
This position requires a current TS/SCI clearance with ability to obtain a polygraph and is located in Chantilly, VA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform Cyber Threat Assessment and Remediation Analysis
- Researches, analyzes, and documents cyber security intelligence bulletins, alerts, and briefings for stakeholders
- Conduct in-depth research and analysis to assess communications infrastructure that may support voice, data, video, radio, electronic security, and industrial control systems/networks
- Researches topics and collaborates with stakeholders to understand threat vectors
- Identify threat tactics and methodologies as well as intelligence gaps and shortfalls
- Analyzes business problems and helps prescribe communication solutions.
- Monitor and report changes in threat dispositions, activities, tactics, capabilities, objectives, etc.
- Ability to work quickly, and a willingness to complete ad hoc, time sensitive assignments.
- Produce timely, fused, all-source cyber operations intelligence and/or indications and warnings intelligence products (e.g., threat assessments, briefings, intelligence studies, country studies)
- Demonstrated oral and written communications skills, ability to document technical analysis and articulate outcomes to non-technical audiences.
- Coordinate the Engineering, Integration, and Administration functions required to successfully mitigate cyber threats
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience.
- Additional years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors of Science in a STEM field of study (i.e., engineering, computer science, etc.)
- Experience with open source intelligence research and methodologies
- In-depth knowledge Cybersecurity and of the newest and emerging cyber threats
- In-depth knowledge of adversarial cyber exploitation tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTP)
- Knowledge of computer, network (e.g., switches, routers, firewalls), transport components and peripherals, web applications, databases, storage arrays, and cloud infrastructure
- Experience performing attack analysis or Red Team penetration testing against operational computer networks including experience in Windows Security, Network Security, Linux/Unix Security, Database security, or Mainframe Security
- Advanced user of: Splunk, Varonis, SECOPS RSA Archer, Microsoft Advanced Threat Protection (ATP), Microsoft Exchange Online Protection, Netwitness, PaloAlto, Redseal, Trend Micro anti-virus solutions, Webinspect, Wireshark, Tenable and ForeScout, (MSS) tools (e.g. LookingGlass, FireEye and InfoBlox)
- Experience evaluating enterprise networks for Information Assurance/security vulnerabilities
- Current TS/SCI clearance with ability to obtain a polygraph
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.