SAIC is seeking a Data Engineer to perform data model design, data formatting, and ETL development optimized for efficient storage, access, and computation to serve various use cases. You will work closely with data scientists, software developers, and leadership to understand use cases and requirements, then leverage appropriate tools and resources to achieve desired customer deliverables. You will explore data from various sources; develop new tools, code, and services to execute data engineering activities; develop new, and modify existing data models; and write code for ETL processes in a fast-paced environment.
Job Duties Include:
- Movement of structure and unstructured data (gigabyte to terabyte range) using Sponsor approved methods.
- Execute data ingestion activities for storing data in a local or enterprise level (Integrated Data Layer) location.
- View data in its source format.
- Develop code to format data that facilitates exploration.
- Analyze source data formats and work with Data Scientists and Mission Partners to determine the formats and transforms that best meet mission objectives.
- Develop code and tools to provide one-time and on-going data formatting and transformations into enterprise or boutique data models.
- Implement existing ETL code and best practices/standards that are currently in use in the enterprise.
- Develop an ETL Code Transition Plan when the Sponsor identifies a specific project. Projects will be identified periodically.
- Develop and deliver Software Documentation for each code project that includes ETL mappings, code use guide, code location (generally GitHub) and access instructions), and anomalies encountered.
- Facilitate Code Reviews twice a year for each mission partner organization and one for each project.
- Must have an active/current TS/SCI with Polygraph.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years and 5 + year of experience
- 3 + years programming with Python.
- 3 + years working with ELK Stack (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana) including maintaining and optimizing Elastic clusters.
- 3 + years of Spark experience
- 3 + years of experience using and ingesting data into SQL/MySQL and PostgreSQL databases.
- Experience developing and maintaining data processing flows using NiFi
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience working with Linux OS
- Basic familiarity with building containerized services (e.g. via Docker).
- Effective communication working in diverse teams.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.