SAIC is currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Senior System Engineer SME to join our team in Arlington, VA, supporting the DISA-JSP customer.
Job duties include:
- Serve as the knowledge expert with experience installing, configuring, and administering VMware ESX/VSphere and SAN Technologies.
- Perform independent verification, validation, and project management for current and future projects.
- Provide technical support, advice and troubleshooting for utility network operations with a 98% target network uptime.
- Produce documentation for use in configuration, repair and troubleshooting of hardware, software and network operating systems.
- Develop and document processes and procedures for the day to day operations.
- Implement systems as needed based on network application requirements.
- Provide support for VMware ESX/VSphere Virtualization Technologies (ESX 6.5 or greater, Virtual Center, P2V Tools) design/management/implementation.
- Provide support for Storage Area Network (SAN)
- Manage Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, WSUS, SCCM, and WhatsUp Gold.
- Provide installation support for network applications.
- Produce network architectural drawings and schematic diagrams.
- Perform network monitoring of the network to include all assets.
- Develop and maintain all workstation and server images.
- Monitor and Maintain McAfee’s Host Based Security System (HBSS).
- Maintain virus definitions, patch versions and Department of Defense (DoD) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) levels on all network servers and workstations.
- Utilize the DoD Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) to update, manage and track implementation of information security requirements for the IT assets and resources.
- Support as needed DoD Information Assurance Risk Management Framework (DIARMF).
- The applicant should have knowledge in optimizing VMware for utilization of SAN Storage. Windows Server 2012R2, Server 2016, and Windows 10 operating systems. This SME should have proven experience of Microsoft's operating systems, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and knowledge with other Microsoft Products. This SME should also have senior knowledge of TCP/IP network design and support including Windows Server 2012R2, Server 2016, and Windows 10 operating systems.
- This position requires an active Secret clearance.
- Possess DoD 8570.01-M/DoD 8140 Certification IAW established mandate prior to start of work - IAT Level II required (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP).
- Bachelor's Degree and 9+ years of experience. 4 additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Candidate must have 5+ years of experience with security products as well as working knowledge of VMware ESX/VSphere and SAN Technologies, Microsoft Products such as Microsoft Windows Servers, Windows 10, and Office 2016 Products.
- Knowledge of Security and auditing Tools for Windows and Linux operating systems such as ACAS and HBSS.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.