SAIC is currently seeking an experienced IT Systems Architect to provide technical ability in the architecture, deployment, and sustainment of a large complex physical and virtual server architecture and various enterprise applications supported on the server infrastructure. This position requires demonstrated direct experience with a variety of server and enterprise application architectures within a Platform Systems Services (PSS) hosting environment.
- Rapidly troubleshoot complex technical problems.
- Analyze the performance and functionality of multiple systems to identify redundancies and opportunities for efficiencies.
- Work closely with the PMO and customer organization to understand mission requirements.
- Identify, communicate, and assist with resolving technical impediments and dependencies (internal and external).
- This position requires an active DOD Top Secret clearance.
- Possess DoD 8570.01-M/DoD 8140 Certification IAW established mandate prior to start of work - IAT Level II required (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP).
- Bachelor's in Science degree in Computer Engineering, computer information systems, telecommunications, or management information systems and 9+ years of experience. An additional 4 years of relevant experience maybe considered in lieu of a degree.
- Demonstrated technical engineering capabilities.
- Experience with Active Directory (group policies), which includes applying group permissions (deployment of and troubleshooting), and a good working knowledge of DNS/DHCP/WINS.
- Experience in Windows environments on Server 2008, Server 2012 and 2016; candidate should also have understanding of Unix/Linux. Understanding of IT enterprise systems.
- Minimum three years of experience in computer system engineering; hardware and software analysis, system installation, integration, implementation, and system maintenance. Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate technical subjects to nontechnical staff are required.
- Work related experience to include the following computer related areas: Networks, Servers, Storage Area Networks, and systems management; directory systems; Public Key Infrastructure,; computer security; knowledge management; database administration, design and management; system maintenance; information technology project management; computer scripting; Information System Testing.
- Knowledge of a range of current information technologies, computing platforms, and network systems, such as: virtualization, unified communications, collaboration tools, business intelligence systems.
- Demonstrated ability for oral and written communication with management.
Desired Education/Skills/Years of Experience:
- IAT Level III is desirable (CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, GCIH).
- ITIL v3 Certified
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.